Hot Rod Reunion

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
corky broughton

Hot Rod Reunion

Post by corky broughton »

I will be at the Hot Rod Reunion Thursday, Friday, and Saturday if anyone else will be attending. My 64 Comet will be on the grounds. Come by and say hi if you have the time. Take care, :D :D :D Corky

mopar 346

Re: Hot Rod Reunion

Post by mopar 346 »

Got include the where and when so people know.
Careful your character's showing!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I'm guessing he meant beach bend in Bowling green, Ky.
http://www.museum.nhra.com/apcm/templat ... e=reunions
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:I'm guessing he meant beach bend in Bowling green, Ky.
http://www.museum.nhra.com/apcm/templat ... e=reunions
thats where he said he was going this wk end.....pop
pop/glenda

corky broughton

Yes, it is Beech Bend in Bowling Green. There are two Hot Rod Reunion's, one is at Beech Bend, Ky. and the other Bakersfield, Calif. The reunion this month is in Bowling Green, KY. on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Not sure where my Comet will land once inside the gates. I plan on trailering the Comet and parking the Trailer outside the gates tomorrow (Wednesday). Beech Bend provides a trailer coral for those that transport their cars. Due to weather, I most likely will not unload the Comet until Thursday the first official day of the car show, swap meet, and drags. Hope to see other Comets at the event. In the past, there has been around two Comets that show up for the Show and Shine event. I'm hoping Larry will be racing his two Comets and one Falcon. I will check on Larry and make sure he comes to the Comet Gathering on June 5th, 6th, and 7th, 2015. Take care, :D :D :D Corky

loman

Post by loman »

Bumping this thread up. Heading out in the morning for Beech Bend. Looks like we will need rain coats. I hope we are able to get the race in this weekend.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

How bout some pics guys???? :D :D don' :D t forget the cameras!!!!!!
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

I made it. Seen a white 64 wagon and black 64 race car. Also saw another black 65

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

Cool! Heading that way Fri. after lunch. Staying in the campground at the track. Hope the rain holds out to see some racing.

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

Well, decided not to go to Bowling Green with the rain rolling in. Not too much fun for the boys. Gonna head to Bristol to the Spring nats in the morning if its not raining here!

loman

Post by loman »

TNtrash, sorry you couldn't make it. I actually thought you were there. I saw a white 64 from a distance and thought it was your car. So my totals for comets at bowling green are 4 65's, 3 64's, 2 63 straight axle gasser cars, and 1 green 67.

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Loman, glad you made it to Bowling Green. I hope your trip was a smooth one. TNTrash, I hope you have a great and safe trip tomorrow. Was going to do the same, but it just didn't work out, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:TNtrash, sorry you couldn't make it. I actually thought you were there. I saw a white 64 from a distance and thought it was your car. So my totals for comets at bowling green are 4 65's, 3 64's, 2 63 straight axle gasser cars, and 1 green 67.
that just proves these little comets won't ever fade away/////pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Small world. Got to talking to someone at hotel this morning and found out he is the owner of white 64 that I thought was tntrash's. He is from southern Illinois, but I forgot to get his name. I was able to do a little PR, and told him about this forum so we might see him here in the future. More members is a much
gooder thing, right?

corky broughton

Got back from the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, Ky. today. I was able to talk with several Comet owners about coming next year to the 2016 Gathering, June 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Many Comet owners said they would be at the 2016 event and some said it was just to far to travel/trailer their cars. Saw several 1964/65 Calientes, Cyclones, 202 and Station Wagon at the Reunion ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Great time even if there was a few rain showers. The rain came and went on several occasions but did not put a damper on the races.

Loman did excellent job racing his 1965 big block Comet ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ). He has an amazing reaction time on the tree. I had a fun time watching him race the Comet. Hope his Dad is feeling better. There were not that many Comets being shown at the Show and Shine event but several were being raced. I was happy just to see the number of Comets at the overall event. There was even a White 1964 Comet Station Wagon being used as a push car for one of the old slingshots. Loman thanks for showing your car to my friends and Shaq says thanks again for the tickets. I was not able to stay for the Crackle Feast but I'm sure it was an excellent event to watch.

I have missed not seeing and talking to all of you that were at the Gathering this year. Really looking forward to next years event. :D :D :D Corky