Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
duncanjl

Re: Gathering

Post by duncanjl »

Pat & I got home about 1:30 needless to say we had a great time again and hope everyone else did also .Great bunch of cars this year may not have broken any records but lookout next year with what we had this year returning and all you others that plan to be there next year (RECORD IS GONE). THANKS to CORKY AND DAVE for another job well done .we need each and everyone of you to start RIGHT NOW TODAY making your plans and be at thy COMET GATHERING JUNE 3---5 2016 REMEMBER ROLL CIMETS JL& PAT. MAKE IT HAPPEN CUNP/F. 2016

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

Baldy is home. I had a great time. Damn nice bunch of folks, may be even a little too considerate, I brought way too much beer back home :D .. The reservations are made for next year and I'll step my food game up a bit next year. A big thanks to Dave, Corky, and Ratical. Maverick, next year you can take me for a ride in 'Lizbeth 8) . Thanks again. Let's see how would JL say, CUNPFNY

Baldy

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Baldy you got it figured out I new you could do it .really enjoyed this week end I'll get in touch in about 3 weeks stay safe and CUNFWKS. ROLL COMETS J L

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Ratical is home. Trouble free trip back.. Gonna finish uploading the pics. And create another post with each car. Want to thank everyone that came out and more thanks to the orginaizers , corky, Dave, JL and pop..
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Ditto on the props to Corky,JL, Dave, and Pop. Practical can't wait to see the rest of the pictures, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Groover

Post by Groover »

Great trip, Great cars, Great Time. Safely home. Thanks to everybody for making this such a great event.

Here's a hi-light. Now he's ridden in a '63, '64, '65, and '66!

1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

loman

Post by loman »

I got home about a hour ago and just finished putting the car, trailer, and truck away. Had a great time this weekend meeting everyone. Thanks again to everyone who was involved in organizing the event. Maybe next year I will be a little more prepared and plan in advance on going instead of last minute on a Thursday night.

waywillia7404

Post by waywillia7404 »

Well I hope I didn't wake any one when I left at 5:00 but made it to church on time the vote was 100 percent affirmed then out to lunch and then home OK. Made my revs for next year before I left. Called back to Mountain Breeze when I got home and they said they already have 14 revs for next year. Again many thanks to everyone (to many to name I know I would leave someone out) we had the best Gathering yet. See you next year if not sooner. Wayne

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

waywillia7404 wrote:Well I hope I didn't wake any one when I left at 5:00 but made it to church on time the vote was 100 percent affirmed then out to lunch and then home OK. Made my revs for next year before I left. Called back to Mountain Breeze when I got home and they said they already have 14 revs for next year. Again many thanks to everyone (to many to name I know I would leave someone out) we had the best Gathering yet. See you next year if not sooner. Wayne

Yep, but I rolled over and went back to sleep. We got home about 7:15 all went well on our drive.
Careful your character's showing!

corky broughton

Post by corky broughton »

Hey, Just got home after driving straight home from the Gathering. I will post a note later after I get a few hours of shut eye. I tried to post a note earlier and lost it, that is a true sign I'm tired. Thanks to everyone that made this years Gathering so special. 20 cars, great job!!! Even a 1966 comet with a Holman/Moody 427 NASCAR engine. Wow!!! :D :D :D Corky

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GLENDA and I made it home without any set backs what so ever(the LORD was with us)..WE pulled into the drive way at 6:30pm right on the dot,,my son was here with his race car,and he didn't leave until after 11 O'clock,thats why I never made a post last night.................BUT ,I'M making one now and it says ....THANK YOU THANK YOU to each of you that came and gave me the pleasure of shaking your hand,,GLENDA and ME had a blast,the food was good and the beer was cold,,it can't get much better..CORKY and DAVE out did themselves,thanks BALDY words can not cover RATICAL,he's great !EVERYBODY that came was super and even the LOOKERS that stopped to gander at the comets were great,,it was just a super couple of days and a big thank you goes out to the good LORD for the weather we had.....thanks to all later ( i ain't forgot you ,PUGS..)pop
pop/glenda

corky broughton

Post by corky broughton »

Dear Comet gathering Participants,

I'm now caught up on my sleep. What a great year!!! 20 total cars but the different types of Comets that participated were excellent. I cannot say enough about the cars and guys that were at this year's event this year. For those that could not make the gathering this year please start to prepare for the 2016 Comet Gathering. I would like to welcome and invite the Comet East members under the leadership of of Danny Mansfield to join us in Pigeon Forge June 3rd, 4th, and 5th, 2016. Susie, the hotel manager, has confirmed she can handle the extra numbers that will attend next year. I made my reservations before leaving this year and Susie mentioned several of you had done the same. Just look up the Mountain Breeze Hotel website and register for next year. You can always drop your reservations within 48 hours of the event. Make sure to let the staff know you are with the Comet Gathering when making your reservations. There is no way you can beat 52.00 dollars plus tax for accommodations, develop friendships and the hospitality we receive.

Dave, as usual I want to thank you for all you did. You are the best and make things easy for me and the Gathering. Should you mail the reargear let me know the cost. Baldy, the BQ and beer was such a great touch. I look forward to seeing and talking with you next year. Baldy has agreed to bring BQ and other items to next years event. Radical thanks for all you do. You are definitely one of the best participants anyone could ask for. Your work and helping everyone cannot be beat or matched by anyone. Pugs', you were great and as always your car is a great addition to the group. Do not paint that car!! You certainly saved my bacon. I think my car is jinxed :evil: :evil: :evil: when it comes to the Gathering. I cannot believe I have a brand new battery with a dead cell :?: :!: :idea: :?: . Pug thanks for all the help getting my car going :D :lol: . I'm glad you were around to help. Kevin don't worry, the Comet is out of the weather and I have it protected. JL- thanks for all you did to advertise the event. Your help is much appreciated. Wayne the banner was a great touch and will be used for many years to come. Maverick and Groover it is always great to see the two of you and the car. Maverick, the future of the Comets are in good hands with you coming up with your enthusiasm. You are the new generation that will need to keep the Comets going in the future. Pop, always great lessoning and talking with you. I love lessoning to your stories. You have done so much for the Gathering. I look forward to seeing you and the others next year. I'm already looking forward to next year and being around all of you. Who would have ever thought such close friendships would have ever been developed for the Gathering. I consider each and everyone of you a part of my family. If I can ever be of help, count me in.
Take care and I look forward to next year. Drive safely, :D :D :D Corky

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Gathering participants,
I am glad everyone arrived home safely. I got home about 5:30 and had a bunch of things to get done - then to work this morning. Just now getting around to sending a note.
Thanks to everyone. Like Wayne I would certainly leave someone out if I tried to thank everyone. It is truly a "Team Effort".
Corky, it was your idea to start this 4 years ago. Thank you for taking the effort to get things going. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.
I am really encouraged to see the new attendees and learn they had a good experience. They are the future of the "Gathering".
Suzy and the hotel staff outdid themselves. I made my reservations before I left.
I am looking forward to next year.
Stay safe and drive carefully.
Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

6T5 404 wrote:Gathering participants,
I am glad everyone arrived home safely. I got home about 5:30 and had a bunch of things to get done - then to work this morning. Just now getting around to sending a note.
Thanks to everyone. Like Wayne I would certainly leave someone out if I tried to thank everyone. It is truly a "Team Effort".
Corky, it was your idea to start this 4 years ago. Thank you for taking the effort to get things going. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.
I am really encouraged to see the new attendees and learn they had a good experience. They are the future of the "Gathering".
Suzy and the hotel staff outdid themselves. I made my reservations before I left.
I am looking forward to next year.
Stay safe and drive carefully.
Dave
FOLKS,trust me when I say.......you'll never run across a nicer man than DAVE !!!..................POP...thanks DAVE,for just being YOU ! (the good LORD out did himself when he made you)
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

corky broughton wrote:Dear Comet gathering Participants,

I'm now caught up on my sleep. What a great year!!! 20 total cars but the different types of Comets that participated were excellent. I cannot say enough about the cars and guys that were at this year's event this year. For those that could not make the gathering this year please start to prepare for the 2016 Comet Gathering. I would like to welcome and invite the Comet East members under the leadership of of Danny Mansfield to join us in Pigeon Forge June 3rd, 4th, and 5th, 2016. Susie, the hotel manager, has confirmed she can handle the extra numbers that will attend next year. I made my reservations before leaving this year and Susie mentioned several of you had done the same. Just look up the Mountain Breeze Hotel website and register for next year. You can always drop your reservations within 48 hours of the event. Make sure to let the staff know you are with the Comet Gathering when making your reservations. There is no way you can beat 52.00 dollars plus tax for accommodations, develop friendships and the hospitality we receive.

Dave, as usual I want to thank you for all you did. You are the best and make things easy for me and the Gathering. Should you mail the reargear let me know the cost. Baldy, the BQ and beer was such a great touch. I look forward to seeing and talking with you next year. Baldy has agreed to bring BQ and other items to next years event. Radical thanks for all you do. You are definitely one of the best participants anyone could ask for. Your work and helping everyone cannot be beat or matched by anyone. Pugs', you were great and as always your car is a great addition to the group. Do not paint that car!! You certainly saved my bacon. I think my car is jinxed :evil: :evil: :evil: when it comes to the Gathering. I cannot believe I have a brand new battery with a dead cell :?: :!: :idea: :?: . Pug thanks for all the help getting my car going :D :lol: . I'm glad you were around to help. Kevin don't worry, the Comet is out of the weather and I have it protected. JL- thanks for all you did to advertise the event. Your help is much appreciated. Wayne the banner was a great touch and will be used for many years to come. Maverick and Groover it is always great to see the two of you and the car. Maverick, the future of the Comets are in good hands with you coming up with your enthusiasm. You are the new generation that will need to keep the Comets going in the future. Pop, always great lessoning and talking with you. I love lessoning to your stories. You have done so much for the Gathering. I look forward to seeing you and the others next year. I'm already looking forward to next year and being around all of you. Who would have ever thought such close friendships would have ever been developed for the Gathering. I consider each and everyone of you a part of my family. If I can ever be of help, count me in.
Take care and I look forward to next year. Drive safely, :D :D :D Corky
thanks CORKY,,,for having the GIT UP to get the Gathering started....and Ms CORKY,also,she's as much to thank as you ! your for sight made it all what it is..............hats off to both of you.......POP / Glenda :)
pop/glenda