Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
poboyjo65

Re: Gathering

Post by poboyjo65 »

Sorry to hear that Pugs. Grandparents are so special . although I didnt have but 2 that I knew & they were gone before I was 10, a buddy shared his with me & were just like my own. they carried us fishin & camping & stuff so I have fond memorys of my own & my buddys grandparents.
Johno

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

OK boys & girls I can't wait any longer will be pulling out Wed morn sometime before lunch headed to MTN BREEZE got to get there early so (MOM CAN GET IN SOME SHOPPING ) before all the festivities start then little WHTE CAR will be parked after that ,hope to see every one soon UNTIL THEN ROLL COMETS. J L & PAT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

PUGS,sorry about GRD PA,,,take care and see you soon....pop
pop/glenda

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Pugs,
Sorry about your Grandfather. Please accept my sympathy.
I lost both of mine by the time I was 20 but many of the lessons I learned from them continue to be fresh in my mind.
I look forward to seeing you again.
Have a safe trip.
Dave

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

Heading up with the family Friday after lunch. Not sure if the 64 is making it though. Sway bar that has been on backorder forever shipped today along with tie rod adjusters. Gotta get that all back together and in the alignment shop before its back on the road..

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Thanks for the kind words guys. He lived a heck of a life, and left a legacy of stories. Pop, you remind me a lot of my grandfather. While I will miss him greatly, He would kick my a$$ if I didn't keep working on the car and bring her to PF. I will be up Thursday evening. See everyone then, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THANK YOU,PUGS....I too plan on seeing all thursday by dark30 !! POP
pop/glenda

peps64

Post by peps64 »

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and fun Gathering this weekend. Hopefully I'll make it back there next year, along w/ the rest of the clan. Pop, have one for me, would ya? Hell, make it 10. Godspeed, Comet freaks!

Peps
64 Cyclone...347 w/ 4-speed, Cal-tracs, Currie 9" rear-end, more goodies to follow

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

peps64 wrote:Here's hoping everyone has a safe and fun Gathering this weekend. Hopefully I'll make it back there next year, along w/ the rest of the clan. Pop, have one for me, would ya? Hell, make it 10. Godspeed, Comet freaks!

Peps
PEPS,OL POP will do his dead level best to fill your wish,altho it may take me a couple of days to down 10....but I'll give it my best.....sure wish you and the CLAN could make it ,,but things don't always work out like we plan them....tell your mom and dad and all the rest HI from me and Glenda,,,pop
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pep sorry to hear yaw are not going to make it was looking forward to seeing the cars and of course The Clan as POP said maybe next time, I am in the room relaxing now getting ready for THE GATHERING so ROLL COMETS J L CU U ALL SOON

joem

Post by joem »

Hope everyone has a great time. Debbie and I are not able to make it back this year. My dad had to be put in a home this past year due to Alzheimers and I am using the vacation time to visit him in PA. He is part of the reason that I have the ability to work on cars and enjoy it. I remember as a kid, holding the light for him (always in the wrong place) while he was tinkering. I am going to get his '38 Brand X out while I am there and make sure it is up to par.

I may venture out to Carlisle on Sunday, heard there might be Comets?

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Really hate to hear that about your Dad hope things are going OK we will miss your homemade brew be safe hope to see you later. ROLL COMETS J L

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Joem, Sorry to hear about your dad. Was hoping you would make it this weekend. We will be thinkin of you, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP and GLENDA are locked and loaded !! we will be PF bound in just a few more min's.LORD willing will see all by dark 30,got to meet JOHN in a few hrs...take care....POP/Glenda
pop/glenda

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

The car is loaded, truck is fueled, the BBQ cooked, and the beer iced down. I'll be there late tomorrow if all goes as planned. Everyone be safe.

Eric