ENGINE BLOCK NUMBER PLEASE HELP TO INDENTIFY MY ENGINE

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
comet_dave_200

ENGINE BLOCK NUMBER PLEASE HELP TO INDENTIFY MY ENGINE

Post by comet_dave_200 »

I WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT TYPE OF ENGINE I GOT THE NUMBERS I GOT OFF THE BLOC ARE DBBE AND UNDERNEATH THAT IS 6015GC AND NEXT TO IT THEIR IS A FORD STAMP WITH A TF22 UNDERNEATH I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF ENGINE I GOT BEFORE I START BUYING AND DOING ANY THING TO IT AND DOES ANYONE HAVE THE EXACT WIRING DIAGRAM FOR A 1961 COMET BUILT IN DECEMBER 12 1961 IN SAN JOSE

MY ENGINE WAS SWAPPED
Cali Comet loving ROCKER

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

It is a 6 I would guess?

The easiest way to identify a 200 cid is the freeze plugs on the right (passenger) side of the block - 200=5 plugs, 144/170=3 plugs.

Depending what you have most parts are interchangeable on the small 6's.

The best 6 is the 200 cid because it has 7 main bearings the others only 5 but all of the I6 engines are actually pretty good motors.

I will look around for the numbers, unless someone else knows and see what I can find for you.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comet_dave_200

okay cool thanks

Post by comet_dave_200 »

honestly i dont know where that is the freeze plug let me find out do u think those aluminum intake manifolds wor great
Cali Comet loving ROCKER

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

The freeze plugs are round plugs around an 1 1/2" where the water jacket core was held in place when the motor was cast, they run down the passenger side of the block under your exhaust manifold.

5 means a 200 cid.

yes I like my Offy intake but it takes some tweaking to get it set-up right. I would really like an aluminum head from Classic Inlines but haven't had the money to sink into it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comet_dave_200

thanks

Post by comet_dave_200 »

thanks mike yeah i was looking at it at intae manifolds but imight just a new carb first then the manifold
Cali Comet loving ROCKER