Radiator for 64, L6 engine.

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
CometNewbie
Comet Central Member

Radiator for 64, L6 engine.

Post by CometNewbie »

My son and I are having a heck of time trying to find the original radiator and dimensions on a 64, 404 model, 170 L6. We don't have the original radiator and we purchased one a while back from radiatorexpress.com and had to remove the original mechanical fan, and go to an electric fan to make it work. My hard-headed son would like to go back to mechanical fan but we can't find a radiator that will work. Anyone know the dimensions or a site where we can get the original radiator? (by the way, I'm beginning to hate cars lol).

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Radiator for 64, L6 engine.

Post by lavron »

I can try to get out thix next week and meassure my old radiator from my 170
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JMO,,OL POP is with your hard headed son,,if at all doable....MIKE will fix you up with a size,,,good luck pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I have taken pictures with the measurements but it wants to fight me posting them up :oops: or it is my brain or it is trying t/o post -with the iPad. I will try to get what I have posted up tonighT may be a mess but I apologize for my failure to get this uP in a timely matter

see ya
mike

Took more today probably some redundant. but better too much info as not enough :roll: The rad is missing the left mount it came loose over 30 years ago when I was installing the rad the first time and I never got around to brazing it back on I need to get a bottle of MAP gas sometime and a rod to get it fixed but not high on my list, it is an 1" wide just like the right side. the hose connection are all 1.5"outlet upper left inlet lower right stock molded hoses fit it of course not sure if they give core measure on websites or overall sizes but hopefully you can figure that from the picts. I would guess the core is 1.5"
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058