Is there a straight six service/repair manual/book?

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
1962Comet

Is there a straight six service/repair manual/book?

Post by 1962Comet »

Hey All,

I've had no luck trying to find a basic service manual for my 170 cu in. straight six. Been to Amazon and several of the Ford/Mercury parts sites on the internet with no luck. Every single book out there seems to be for V8's Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Dan
1962 Comet - 2-Door, 170 cu.in. with 6,950 Original Miles.
https://www.dplivingston.com/picking-up ... -62-comet/ <-- follow my 1962 Comet Restoration.

RCMike

Re: Is there a straight six service/repair manual/book?

Post by RCMike »

I'm not sure where you could find a book, but there is always this route...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-302-328HP- ... 3300wt_922
'63 Comet Hardtop

Ocboheme

Post by Ocboheme »

I got a copy of the original service & maintenance manuals off eBay as well as a parts interchange manual. These all came to me in pdf format on cd. I've since copied them onto my hard drive for quick reference. If you prefer the feel of a physical manual in hand There's a vender at the Pamona auto swapmeet that carries what you're looking for. If you're running an inline six I'd also recommend the Ford Falcon Performance Handbook available through classic inlines.

1962Comet

Post by 1962Comet »

Ocboheme wrote:I got a copy of the original service & maintenance manuals off eBay as well as a parts interchange manual. These all came to me in pdf format on cd. I've since copied them onto my hard drive for quick reference. If you prefer the feel of a physical manual in hand There's a vender at the Pamona auto swapmeet that carries what you're looking for. If you're running an inline six I'd also recommend the Ford Falcon Performance Handbook available through classic inlines.
Hi Ocboheme,

Thanks for the advice. I've got the service and maintenance manuals for my 62 Comet, but there's no in depth engine service detail as far as I can see. Seems to mostly cover what is unique to the Comet. Since I'm not familiar with the inline six, I was hoping for a more detailed book. I was totally surprised going to Amazon and not finding ANY books for this engine.

I did put the The Ford Falcon Six Cylinder Performance Handbook on my Christmas list along with the 1960-1964 Lincoln Mercury Car Master Parts and Accessories Catalog.

Between these books, I should be OK.

Thanks,
Dan
1962 Comet - 2-Door, 170 cu.in. with 6,950 Original Miles.
https://www.dplivingston.com/picking-up ... -62-comet/ <-- follow my 1962 Comet Restoration.