HELP !!!!!

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
B_Hix

Re: HELP !!!!!

Post by B_Hix »

With the new parts you have thrown at it I'm right back to fuel pump, filter, pickup....carb, but sounds like you had the carb worked over.

Timing chain could be slipping, but running clean for 40 miles then starting to acts up - really sounds more like something in the fuel system - could there be junk getting sucked into the pickup? If you take the pressure off the fuel system and it's fine until the junk gets sucked back in there.....
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Whats left :?: :?: A new set of plug wires :?: MIKE ,make sure the point hold down screws,are not on the verge of being striped and there fore letting points loose their adjust-ment and I repeat look for a tiny bare spot in the wire,under the cap( had this happen to me on a 1955 ford,it ran me plum as- crazy til I found it,some times it ran great ,then it take a spell and mess up ,not saying thats your problem ,its just food for thought :!: :shock: good luck :D pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DOES it seem to be starveing for gas or is in the fire(spark) Can you make a determation :?: LAST year my 84 5.o MERCURY CAPRI was doing simler ,and it turned out to be the pick up tube in the fuel tank,filter had gave up the ghost and was getting sucked up the tube,it would idle pretty good ,but put on the road (or TRACK) under hard driving and grabbing gears in a hurry,it mess up kinda like running out of gas.....pop :roll: :shock:( in a sense,it was starving for fuel)
pop/glenda

1962custom1

Post by 1962custom1 »

Well all is fine! Really Fine! Found the advance on the distributor was bad! Changed it and the whole motor came right together.Had a neighbor guy helping me with it and he was a blessing. Hope I get a chance some day to meet some of you folks. Anything ever happen around Toledo or Sandusky or cleveland area? Thanx everyone! Mike
If I wanted it perfect, I would'nt have hired me.

TxPowderCoater

Post by TxPowderCoater »

vapor lock? is the motor running hot? timing being off will also make it run warmer
The Art of Custom Powder Coating
www.YourPowderCoating.com
832-818-3905