dual plane manifold

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
cometgirl

dual plane manifold

Post by cometgirl »

I have a 1965 Comet with the 200 6 cylinder. The car is completely original and I would like to keep it that way, but I would also like it to go a little faster! I have been discussing putting a dual plane manifold, a 2 barrel carb, and a split exhaust manifold. I am having some trouble finding the dual plane manifold, which is to be expected. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get my hands on any of these parts? Or does anyone have any other ideas to add a little power to the 200?

Thanks!

383MERC

Re: dual plane manifold

Post by 383MERC »

Clifford used to make a lot of 6 cyl parts. Not sure if they're even around any more. Good luck! Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Google 'offenhauser' not sure they do much these days either though....
Note to self - somone just got bit by the speed bug - and thus it begins. :).

You can also find a header for that engine.
If you really want original you might consider changes on the inside - increased compression, cam, head work and a header would make a big diff. Add a manifold and better carb to make 'er git up :)
Last edited by B_Hix on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

A friend of mine bought a new 1979 swb 4wd ford pu/300 6cyl,after warranty run out ,he put headers,alum intake and a small 4bbl holley on it ,this was a good running PU,don't recall the gear ratio,but it was low. another guy had a 200 6 in his 60 2dr falcon,he never would say what was done nor let any one look under the hood,he out run v8's ,other 6's,so a 6 can be made to get it !! good luck on making yours' a RUNNER !! :D pop :roll: :shock:
pop/glenda