dimension

Discussions about general body work and modifications
flatheadgary

dimension

Post by flatheadgary »

i am not sure what they call this area but, could somebody measure the distance from the trunk edge to the bottom of the rear window on a hardtop body. not the length of the trunk, just the short top part. i measured a '65 falcon and i got about 8 inches. would it be the same for a '64-'65 comet? just in case you are wondering why i need this, i am shortening the roof of a 2 door sedan to give it more of the look of the back end of a hardtop. please don't try to talk me out of this. been there, done that already. thanks, gary

poboyjo65

Re: dimension

Post by poboyjo65 »

from the front edge of the (65) trunk lid is 12'' in the center & near 14'' at the side of the lid . this is from lid to edge of rubber seal ,not the glass,,,,, to glass add about an inch . I wouldn't dream of trying to talk you out of it, Looking forward to seeing it!!! :D
Johno

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Now that sounds like an ambitious undertaking! :shock: I'm not going to try to talk you out of it either, I agree with Johno. Please post pictures of the whole project. For sure a before and after! Good luck :D Take care, Cary
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

flatheadgary

Post by flatheadgary »

thanks guys. i have been gone all weekend and just saw your post. your dimensions were a lot more than the falcon for sure. i guess i got some cutting to do. i will definitely document this cars creation as soon as i can get some other projects in the pipeline out of the way i.e. '66 dart altered wheel base funny car, a vw powered t bucket, my "63 Plymouth motor swap and a "71 ford f250 motor swap, among other things. i was at the the Pomona swap meet today trying to find a comet to measure and there wasn't any there, so your replies were right on time. thanks again. gary