Body work and Air conditioning /venting

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Kingspeedy2

Body work and Air conditioning /venting

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

Strange title I know but i want to get as much of the cutting and welding out of the way before media blasting my car this spring.I am going to start with the cowl /kicks /minor dash repair amd figured now is a good time to figure what mods if any need to be done
For adding an aftermarket air conditioning system.Someone on the forum mentioned one brand was more serviceable than the other but i cant find the post.i am sure the manudacture can supply the installation instructions but i need to commit to a brand.Its much better to talk to a customer than a company
Questions
1) what brand of aftermarket air have you added ? Or reccomend
2) what do you think about eliminating the fresh air inlets from the cowl to under dash while i am repairing the cowl?
3) do you keep the stock heater nox and plen with the aftermarlet air?
Thanks

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Body work and Air conditioning /venting

Post by lavron »

Kingspeedy2 wrote:2) what do you think about eliminating the fresh air inlets from the cowl to under dash while i am repairing the cowl?
I was thinking the same thing, I know most eliminate at least the passenger side air plenum (cap it off), was wondering about leaving the driver side to get fresh air if I wanted it.

I think it was Classic Auto Air that I liked, it uses the factory controls and replaces the heater box completely and does not hang under the dash like the factory air did, just 4 small vents.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Used VINTAGE AIR on a 65,fit was great!! Removed DS vent but not PS as it fed fresh air to the unit! This was 10+ years ago,they may have changed by now!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

65clevorcyclone

Post by 65clevorcyclone »

The vintage air unit I have caps off the passengers side fresh
Air vent.

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I used Classic Auto Air. I kept both crotch coolers and removed the old heater box. The new assembly utilized the original control's and I found deflectors from a factory 66 Cyclone with AC to install in the dash. That was in 2009 and it's still going strong. I did lose my glove box though. I could've shortened the depth of the glove box but I have a console so I really don't need it.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

harleyddad

Post by harleyddad »

Got a Vintage Air unit with servo controls that work with original controls, works well. How did you guys either close off or connect the PS air box to the unit? Used a coffee can lid and tape but it won't stay in place. If it would connect to the Vin Air unit would prefer that.

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

have a look at both the Vintage and Classic air instructions as they supply caps to plug off bot sides of the cowl inlets

harleyddad

Post by harleyddad »

Thanks, I'll check my left over parts to see if the caps are there.

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.