Experience/Opinions on Top Manufacturers?

Discussions about general body work and modifications
kevinshi

Experience/Opinions on Top Manufacturers?

Post by kevinshi »

Hey folks –

I would love to hear any experience with and/or opinions on the different convertible top manufacturers (especially for 1965). Below are the makers I am aware of - anyone have an opinion to offer on any of these (and/or are there other manufactures I need to add to this list)?
  • EZ On Auto Tops: I recently removed one of their tops from my car. I was very unhappy with this top… *however* my dissatisfaction may have been caused more by the poor installation and/or shrinkage due to poor maintenance. (E.g. perhaps it wasn’t the top so much as the humans installing/maintaining the top…)
  • Robbins Auto Tops
  • Electron Auto Tops: This is the top recommended by the folks who I plan to have do the installation (Convertibles Only in Seattle).
  • Convertible Top Guys (aka M & T Manufacturing Co.)
Also is there a Falcon forum anyone can point me toward were I can ask this same question (the '65 tops were the same so knowledge of installing them on a Falcon would be super useful)?
Thanks,
kevin
1965 Caliente Convertible
5H25A525287 (76DM6204L5416)

comethead

Re: Experience/Opinions on Top Manufacturers?

Post by comethead »

Falconparts recommends Robbins tops https://www.falconparts.com/ford-falcon ... 21p883.htm
I’ve bought a whole lotta parts from them and trust their recommendations.
I actually bought a Robbins top for a 64 Falcon conv. but I sold the car before I could get it installed.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed