Headliner Help

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Proverbs27:17

Headliner Help

Post by Proverbs27:17 »

When I bought my 64 Comet Wagon it didn't have anything as far as the headliner goes. No bows, headliner, etc. I'm needing some guidance on what all I need besides a new headliner to get it installed.

poboyjo65

Re: Headliner Help

Post by poboyjo65 »

Here is a 64 shop manual that I have bookmarked.you can go from page to page but I think this link will carry you to the headliner info though it looks limited but may help some. at the front of this manual is an index & top left is a quick way to get to the section number you want or back to the index on 1st page.
http://falconfaq.dyndns.org/display1.ph ... age=18-003
Johno

Proverbs27:17

Post by Proverbs27:17 »

Thanks! Can this be replaced with the windshield in or must it come out? Also, I've not found anywhere I can order the bows that are specific to the wagon. Does anyone have any idea where I could get the bows at?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

from what I've heard it's best to pull the windsheild (& backwindow of a sedan & hardtop) . I wouldn't want it coming>falling back down! be a good time for a new seal. btw I had Dennis carpenter died. you want a good one like his & have heard of some better on here, maybe ''Steele'' products?

I would think the rear bows would be all alike. find one being parted out. a donor is most likely what you'll have to do.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Keep in mind that when the windshield goes back in, the bottom piece of exterior trim has to go in as the windshield is installed. Same is true with rear window trim on HTs and sedans. Not sure if quarter windows on wagons may have some pieces that are that way.

Jim