onlinemetals.com

Discussions about general body work and modifications
joswald

onlinemetals.com

Post by joswald »

I want to give intro to a company that has been very helpful with my restoration of my 1964 Comet. They do not sell replacement panels or parts but what they do is sell all types of sheet metal and steel products. I have order sheet metal of various gauges for floor repair, wheel well repair and quarter panel repair. There shipping is fantastic. I have never received any damaged products. Their products are very accurate is size. I don't work for this company but I wanted to pass along another venue of materials for our group.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: onlinemetals.com

Post by lavron »

I always buy my metal semi-local from Wheelers Metal in Springfield, I check the online prices and they always seem a bit high to me but they do have more varieties and sizes, I can't get much below 18 gauge sheet at Wheelers, there is supposed to be a shop that specializes in auto body metal in Springfield but I never tried to find them (Springfield is 75 miles away for me).

Certainly, the highest-priced metal has to be the small cut pieces at the hardware and lumber stores, I have bought some of that occasionally because I was in a hurry to finish something and just needed a small piece, I think you pay for the cost of the whole piece and then they cut it up, so I guess the guy that cuts it up gets all the extra money :P

I think I paid $45 for a 4x8 sheet of 18G from Wheelers in 2019(?) I know the price will fluctuate according to metal prices. Most of my metal came from behind my shed :roll: so I didn't have to buy too much. I am going to have to come up with some sheet aluminum before I do some of the interior stuff.

Thanks for the link.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

joswald

Post by joswald »

$45 for a full sheet of 18 gauge is not a bad price. I remember we had a old TIG welder at work that we were going to throw out so I grabbed as much of the housing I could. The sheet metal is now part of my Comet.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

joswald wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:32 pm
$45 for a full sheet of 18 gauge is not a bad price. I remember we had a old TIG welder at work that we were going to throw out so I grabbed as much of the housing I could. The sheet metal is now part of my Comet.
I think you and Mike will get along great! Mike had welded a
all kind a stuff from other stuff onto his sfuff😃
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

SASSY wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:37 pm
I think you and Mike will get along great! Mike had welded a
all kind a stuff from other stuff onto his stuff
Metal is metal and everything is raw materials to me :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread