POR-15

Discussions about general body work and modifications
lavron
Site Admin

Re: POR-15

Post by lavron »

All the POR talk makes me want to break out a can and paint my floor pans(intended job anyway) I have some noico 150 mil red sound deader on the way going to cover the floors with that and then a layer of Peel and Seal over that should cut down on heat and noise inside the car.might be like driving a Lincoln :lol:
see Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Here's what I used with good results- https://por15.com/products/stop-rust-ki ... ag_organic

I have enough acid left to clean up that deep old stain from a 20 year Jeep rear main leak. Still have almost half of the 4 oz. can of POR and half a spray bottle of detergent to clean the engine :D Picked up a new battery while it was drying, buttoned it all up and got back on the road for a nice quick drive around the neighborhood today. Going to order a kit and some jets for my Holley when my wife takes a nap :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Joe Travers wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:01 pm
Here's what I used with good results- https://por15.com/products/stop-rust-ki ... ag_organic

Going to order a kit and some jets for my Holley when my wife takes a nap :lol:

Joe
how are we to take that??,,,,either she don't want you to buy them or your flat out being sneaky,,,,don't forget to talk softly !!!!don't worry we ain't saying squat !! :roll: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

popscomet wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:51 pm
,,,either she don't want you to buy them or your flat out being sneaky,,,,don't forget to talk softly !!!!
Never sneaky, Pop. Every time I make a purchase, I tell her to write it down to keep our account balanced. Every time it's, "you don't have to tell me all about it". You know what that means :lol: I'm ordering from Summit this weekend and pick up something for her. What that is, I don't know. Can't figure them out after all these years. Still gotta love 'em :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP knows how it goes,,GLENDA has her own tractor,trailer even a sleeping bag,,she's never used any of them ...but I bought all of it for her :shock: :wink:
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

popscomet wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:26 pm
POP knows how it goes,,GLENDA has her own tractor,trailer even a sleeping bag,,she's never used any of them ...but I bought all of it for her :shock: :wink:
Patsy doesn't care for hot rods. Busted her knuckles shifting my Cyclone years ago, hasn't driven one since.
Think I should buy her a bass boat? Is that what you're sayin'??? :roll: :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

yes,,wife has her own 14ft fishing rig,,9.9 evinrude electric start,,,yrs ago her and our daughter loved to fish,,so I bought them the rig,,taught her how to launch it and everything about it,,,me and son loaded up and went raceing ,,her and MANDY went fishing.,,she always drove my bronco,,showed her to slip it into 4whl low,,without locking frt hubs in and just use the gear ratio ,that way she never slipped the clutch,,,,she got where she could back that thing into a shirt pocket,,,,I even bought a camper trailer and parked it on her favorite lake and rented a summer place for it so they could go and spend the night or week end,,,,anytime they wanted to go.....me and glenda are truly joined at the hip,,,, now POP will let this thread get back to POR 15.......thanks....pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I was thinking there were a co it.
uple of posts in my build thread where I. Ran through using POR15 from beginning to end, trying to link the original thread back right now if I can figure out how to :wink: :lol: check back laterMy engine block is painted with POR15 BTW,They sell a kit,supposed to be high temp paint not sure hasn’t peeled yet and my engine looks like it has ceramic finish, you can find that in my build thread as well or I will link back once I figure that out :lol: :lol:
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:12 pm
I was thinking there were a couple of posts in my build thread where I. Ran through using POR15 from beginning to end, trying to link the original thread back right now if I can figure out how to :wink:
No need, Mike. In fact, it was your thread that got me thinking about POR 15 last year. After I read it, I talked to my son. He used it to treat some panels on his Bronco restoration. I'm going to eventually get around to a rear quarter panel and floors that need replacing. Thanks!

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop