Lavrons build threadPhse2FINAL PAINT CHOICE AND COLOR HOPEFULLY

Discussions about general body work and modifications
lavron
Site Admin

Lavrons build threadPhse2FINAL PAINT CHOICE AND COLOR HOPEFULLY

Post by lavron »

I finally decided on Dove grey single stage from Amazon ,Restorationshoppe brand paint gallon kit with slow activator1 gallon kit $135 seems a good price to paint my whole car , I already have the s7a black paint for the hood and cowl and dashboard there is also a darker grey called machine grey but just a little too dark for megoing to be ordering that up as soon as I have funds available I need to talk to one of my neighbors he had been interested in buying my 800 series tractor for parts so maybe PI could get few$100 for itI imagine he has a really low offer on it,all I can do is ask, that would leave me with the 8n and9n both I inte
Nd to keep and 600 series tractor I want to keep.I love my old Ford tractors but right now I need to start paring down on some things in my life to concentrate on my health and getting the Comet done we are considering putting the house up for sale and moving th a smaller place further south closer to my brother and aunts and uncle, I am hoping my brother might take the remaining tractors to keep until a future time,because they have sentimental value to me8&9 no we’re both inherited from my dad and uncle respectively th 9 needs brakes the 8 needs a clutch.getting tired of having no money to do anything cancer wants all my money too :twisted:sorry don’t mean to whine the good Lord will work it all out as it is meant to be.in perfect timing and finances if we can get close to the value of our current place it would be a good nest egg into getting a smaller place I could even have a nice shop built if I can’t find a place with one I likeI might build me an apartment right in the shop and just live out there part of the time :lol: not have to worry about using the smaller house for office space my wife could have the house to keep for herself and not have to fuss with my messes you choice would be to have a shop built to my specifications.but I am sure not my wifes :lol:I would link the Amazon dove grey but that is near impossible to do on an iPad
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Re: Lavrons build threadPhse2FINAL PAINT CHOICE AND COLOR HOPEFULLY

Post by SASSY »

Sounds like a cool co!our!
I've noticed there's a lot of non metalic paint coming out of the car makers.
Not necessarily on Comets but I've seen a non metallic blue used on Toyota trucks that I really like.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Re: Lavrons build threadPhse2FINAL PAINT CHOICE AND COLOR HOPEFULLY

Post by Joe Travers »

Agree with Fred! A single stage non-metallic is really cool if you choose the right color. I think you hit it out of the park.I would link to the Amazon page showing the dove grey but near impossible on this iPad to do I would have been better off with a new laptop instead of this iPad but we did not know how limiting it was going to be if someone wants to go over to Amazon and link back to the dove grey they could reply to this post with that link and everyone could see my choice I think it will look good in nonmetallic grey with the black hood in satin originally what I was doing. Now to wait until it is not so blasted hot so I can get the bodywork done
A soft brownish-grey would be sharp with blacked-out hood or scoop. Black bumpers would work well with it too, I think it needs chrome bumpers to make it pop and mine are acceptable for a driver with a good polishif your budget prohibits re-chroming.
Yeah, hold on to the old Ford tractors. Built like Sherman tanks! :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi