WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF ELECTRiC AC COMPRESSORS?

Discussions about general body work and modifications
lavron
Site Admin

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF ELECTRiC AC COMPRESSORS?

Post by lavron »

They are not that expensive and I could.scoot it back away from my header but still mount it up in semi-factory location and with the big alternator I should have plenty of power to use Summit has them for 223 all day long but I know Walmart has them cheaper but they may be refurb units which I might be more spending th extra for new I have had the cheaper.bug bite me before and going to try fvoidthat going forward unless it is super expensive but these are notI guess maybe I can still be helpful to this Forum :? :? or not showing where you can spend your money :x :P :P :P :P
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

loman

Re: WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF ELECTRiC AC COMPRESSORS?

Post by loman »

I didn't know they were making ac electric ac compressors. It doesn't surprise me, but I had no clue they are available. i'm too stuck in my own little world. I need to broaden my horizons.with Vintage air selling them they must work with the rest of Thier system okg

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

loman wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:25 pm
I didn't know they were making ac electric ac compressors. It doesn't surprise me, but I had no clue they are available. i'm too stuck in my own little world. I need to broaden my horizons.
Google it really not too expensive from Walmart.com of all places
I think I,like them if IIIRC they are well unjust over $200 and look like maybe a vintage air unitnext thing you know I will be looking at EPS Is there anything I need to cabbage off th parts car for that like th steering box? It woks a6 cylinder box of course
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I inquired about them a few years ago. from what I gathered they would not perform well enough for what we need .

BTW Mike could you zap the idiot posting hare krisna junk & insulting our members with vulgar remarks? Thanks,it is in the lounge.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Here's what Vintage Air has to say:

https://www.vintageair.com/tech-topic-i ... y-hot-rod/

Jim