V8 Fender Emblems

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Creedmoor

V8 Fender Emblems

Post by Creedmoor »

1963 Comet Custom 2 door post. Is the 260 V8 emblem located on the front left fender (see pic), supposed to be on BOTH front fenders?

Comechero65

Re: V8 Fender Emblems

Post by Comechero65 »

I doubt it was built with the emblem only on one side. I think that would look funny. Should be holes for it to mount even if there is none on that side. The emblems are available. You just need the correct size barrel nuts.
Ron

Creedmoor

Post by Creedmoor »

Thanks. Kind of thought so. Reason I asked is that in Mopar-land, stuff like emblems on only one side was not uncommon. How hard is it to get a look behind the right front fender to see if there are indeed holes there?

thos25

Post by thos25 »

Hi, In regards to your question, I don't think you need to get under the fender. The holes, if they are there are perfectly visible from the outside. If you can't see them it probably means that the fender started life on a 6 cylinder car and used as a replacement on your due to damage on the original.
Just a thought but I had the same thing happen to me on my 65 Cyclone build.
GOOD LUCK Tom :D

bmmaurer

Post by bmmaurer »

Those emblems are not original. The V-8 emblem went on the grill, drivers side between the vertical bar and the headlight. See picture,

There was supposed to be a "custom" badge in the general location of where this person has the V8 bagde. They are positioned in the wrong spot to boot.

See picture of original set-up here...

http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/1960-1963-me ... omet-6.jpg

Comet Bruce