Chrome paint.

Discussions about general body work and modifications
64CometCaliente

Chrome paint.

Post by 64CometCaliente »

Has anyone used this chrome paint? Is it any good and how did it turn out if you did use it?

rditz

Post by rditz »

run for the hills.... I bought some up here in Canada and it is JUNK....

i guess, if there was a really "good" chrome paint, we wouldn't need a chromer....LOL

rod

64CometCaliente

Post by 64CometCaliente »

Thanks for the heads up

Jim Clayton

chrome paint

Post by Jim Clayton »

Never used chrome paint before, but my race wheels ( AERO ) are powder coated chrome . You cannot tell the difference at a distance , (5 ft ) Dont know what you want to paint but maybe this could be an option . JC
Ford Powered Nostalgic Stockcars 66 Cyclone 631/2 Galaxie 71 Mustang Mach 1

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Google for Chromacolor and there is another one but it escapes me right now (Polychrome maybe), also there is a website of a place, I believe in Tulsa that does a chrome paint finish, none of these are a self application but are supposed to be cheaper and more enviromently friendly than chrome, also it can be applied to anything you can paint (fiberglass, plastic, metal, etc.)

Anyway if you Google for it you will find some websites, on one they are promoting chrome painting fiberglass bumpers.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Mr.Fancypants

Re: chrome paint

Post by Mr.Fancypants »

Good from far but far from good :P
Last edited by Mr.Fancypants on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sidny

Post by sidny »

i have the gauge dash plate painted with crome paint but i think it may be cheaper to send it to someone who can crome plastic then :D the prise for the brand i bought was 900€/litre so i only bought what i needed :lol: but the result is fantastic but not as god as real crome