Greetings from Richmond, Va .

Let everyone know a little about yourself
RZComet62

Greetings from Richmond, Va .

Post by RZComet62 »

I've messed with cars a little bit but have always wanted a classic to work on. Finally took the plunge this winter with a 1962 comet 170 ci. Still figuring out what the hell I'm doing but grateful in advance for any help y'all can provide.
carly2.jpg
carly2.jpg (32.27 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

popscomet

Re: Greetings from Richmond, Va .

Post by popscomet »

well 1st of all ,,welcome glad to have you here with some mighty good comet guys and some girls also...looks like you got a pretty good project to start with....you didn't mention the overall shape it's in ,,,but 1st I would do is make it road worthy and dependable,,then start on the pretty part,,,,above all,,do it to suit you,,but there is always some one here to help and give good feed back,,we don't deal with dumb questions,,BECAUSE THERE IS NO DUMB QUESTIONS,,there is someone here to answer anything you can come up with,,,you post it,,,may have to wait awhile til the right person reads it ,,,but help will show up...thank you and enjoy your little comet...don't make working on it a job,,always make it fun,that way you'll not ever get burnt out,,thank you have a great day,,,,we try to make this forum as much fun as informative as we can....pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

RZComet62 wrote:Still figuring out what the hell I'm doing
Most of us are :roll:

Welcome to the forum and like Pops said answers are always here to be had, sometimes even the wrong ones. :roll: But we will figure it out in the end.

A 170 is good little motor, hard to kill, I just pulled mine out last summer for a bigger 6 :P but I had all sorts of speed parts on my 170 (still do)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Plenty of help available for the asking.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on!!! :D
Johno