New Member 1964 Comet Caliente

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Brass Monkey

New Member 1964 Comet Caliente

Post by Brass Monkey »

Hello all, my first car was a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente, which I got in 1991. She was in rough shape but my dad and I made her road-worthy and I drove it all through high school.
Heading to college, my 18 year old self decided that I needed a newer car so I bought a 1986 Thunderbird (a step down in coolness but I was a dumb teenager). My father held on to the Comet, knowing what a special car it is. After I wrecked the Thunderbird, he pulled the 302 out of it and put it in the Comet. He then started collecting 64 Comets, ending up with an example of each type, including a Cyclone. Recently, he decided he wanted to thin his herd and offered to give me back my old Comet. So now, close to 30 years after I first drove her, I have her again. It is in good condition but could use an interior refresh and some other minor fixes. What is really cool to me is that it is the combination of my first and second cars. I am excited to have found this forum and am looking forward to learning more about Comets and how I can continue preserving and enjoying this wonderful car.
Attachments
Comet 1.jpg
Comet 1.jpg (66.12 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

lavron
Site Admin

Re: New Member 1964 Comet Caliente

Post by lavron »

Welcome on, great story and a really nice looking Comet. So your dad still has a bunch of Comets?

Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Brass Monkey

Post by Brass Monkey »

Yes, he still has a convertible and is finishing up work on the cyclone. He just sold one that he modified into a gasser (so he could start working on a 68 Cougar).

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Awesome looking Comet. Glade you found this forum.
tom
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

COOL !! neat story,,as your comet is also....pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Great looking Comet! Neat story, too. Sounds like your dad needs to be on this site. He could probably give us some good advice. You're lucky to have such a resource so handy.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Really nice car & cool story! Welcome on!!! :D
Johno