Me and my Comet

Let everyone know a little about yourself
cparker136

Me and my Comet

Post by cparker136 »

Hi guys,

I'm new here and interested in soaking up all the knowledge I can. I jumped into the forum without first saying hi, so now I'm catching up.

I have a 1963 Comet that I have drug around for years. I had a buddy in high school that had a round body Comet and I really loved it. I was so disappointed when he traded it in, and it wasn't even mine! So years later, I sold my 1971 Chevelle and purchased this Comet. It has a straight six and a 3 speed on the tree. While it's not in too bad of shape, it is going to need some work. I have some plans for it but I'm still fine tuning which route I want to go. Either way, it will get a V8, new transmission (haven't' quite decided which one yet), and a bigger rear end. My car didn't come with side mirrors and I like how it looks so I am planning on adding a blind spot indicator system and maybe add in a back-up camera... and maybe a radio (it has a plate over the radio hole). I like some of the new technology stuff but I also like the simplicity of the old. It will be a struggle on some items (like fuel injection) on which route to go. Anyways, I am planning to start the complete disassembly next year.

As far as myself, I am in the Springfield MO. area. I'm originally from NE Ohio but moved to Springfield in high school. I also spent a few years in the Army in Virginia and overseas in Korea. I'm originally a Chevy guy so be easy on me when I ask dumb questions. :D

Here is a pic of the comet:

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Me and my Comet

Post by lavron »

cparker136 wrote: I'm originally a Chevy guy so be easy on me when I ask dumb questions.
We will let that one slide now that you are a Comet owner.

Nice looking little Comet BTW.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :)
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Nice looking Comet. Is that a white vinyl top, or just the way the light is hitting it?

Jim

Groover

Post by Groover »

Great looking car. Welcome aboard.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

cparker136

Post by cparker136 »

Thanks for the welcome guys. The top of the car is just painted an off white. While I haven't seen a round body with a vinyl top, I bet it would look pretty good. My wife says the white top makes it look like grandpa should be driving it haha.

My63S22

Post by My63S22 »

Nice Comet. Once you put a V8 and the other modifications you'd like to do to it, that will be one hot little grandpa's car!