New Comet Owner/ Old friend of Roy

Let everyone know a little about yourself
AFXFalcon

New Comet Owner/ Old friend of Roy

Post by AFXFalcon »

Hey, My name is Mike, I may have met some of you before. I have 64 AFX 427 Falcon that Roy helped build. Roy helped me learn to drive, weld and beat drill holes in racecars. He also helped my dad and I build a 65 cyclone. I will be getting my own 64 caliente on Monday and began reading on this site, I know Roy was always on here. It's cool to see 6000 posts of his ornery opinions and experience live on and continue to help me in my future build. Look forward to interacting here and learning more about these cars.

1964 AFX Falcon 427 FE
1964 Comet Caliente
1965 Comet Cyclone (Dads)
1964 Fairlane T-bolt Tribute (Dads)

SASSY

Re: New Comet Owner/ Old friend of Roy

Post by SASSY »

Yes I believe we have met!
Welcome!
Thanks for sharing the pic of Roy and you.
OHH, 427 you been busy since we met!
Excited to see you are getting a 64 Comet,, what are your plans for it?
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

AFXFalcon

Post by AFXFalcon »

Hey Fred I think we met at Bakersfield one year. I have a rebuilt 351w, toploader, A100 seats, 1957 ford 9” to put in it, just gotta figure out the header situation.. maybe crites. I want to put a teardrop hood on and drive it. Then work on the body. I will have to do floor pans on it first though. Get real familiar with my Miller 150 again!

1964 AFX Falcon 427 FE
1964 Comet Caliente

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya Bakersfield in 2014, the year I drove the Comet down but I was in your garage the year before about early Feb. with Roy. I spent the day with him and we hit a few garages in Camarillo your place being one.
Think you were just getting the 289 organized don't remember if you had been to the track yet, maybe once.
I'm happy to hear your driving it on the street, looking forward to following your build and imput.
I'm sure there are people here who would enjoy hearing about your FE powered Falcon too!I
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

AFXFalcon wrote: I know Roy was always on here. It's cool to see 6000 posts of his ornery opinions and experience live on and continue to help me in my future build.
Roy will always be missed here but, like you said, he still has a lot to teach from things he posted here.

Glad to have you on and look forward to seeing what you are going to do.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Mike! :D Looking forward to your future build thread.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D
Johno

AFXFalcon

Post by AFXFalcon »

SASSY wrote:Ya Bakersfield in 2014, the year I drove the Comet down but I was in your garage the year before about early Feb. with Roy. I spent the day with him and we hit a few garages in Camarillo your place being one.
Think you were just getting the 289 organized don't remember if you had been to the track yet, maybe once.
I'm happy to hear your driving it on the street, looking forward to following your build and imput.
I'm sure there are people here who would enjoy hearing about your FE powered Falcon too!I
Fred
That’s right Fred! You did come by! Seems like forever ago. The Falcon was on the main floor of SEMA 2018, right in front of the Ford display, I was just invited to the Grand National Roadster show for a drag racing display in one of the buildings in January at Pomona. If you google “Mike thomas falcon” or “aFx Falcon” you will find some YouTube videos and my build thread on thehamb. It’s a track only car with the slicks, open headers and slightly wild motor.

1964 AFX Falcon 427 FE
1964 Comet Caliente

AFXFalcon

Post by AFXFalcon »

lavron wrote:
AFXFalcon wrote: I know Roy was always on here. It's cool to see 6000 posts of his ornery opinions and experience live on and continue to help me in my future build.
Roy will always be missed here but, like you said, he still has a lot to teach from things he posted here.

Glad to have you on and look forward to seeing what you are going to do.

See Ya,
Mike
Thank you!

1964 AFX Falcon 427 FE
1964 Comet Caliente

AFXFalcon

Post by AFXFalcon »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Welcome aboard, Mike! :D Looking forward to your future build thread.

Jim
Thank you!!

1964 AFX Falcon 427 FE
1964 Comet Caliente

AFXFalcon

Post by AFXFalcon »

poboyjo65 wrote:Welcome on! :D
Happy to find this place again.

1964 AFX Falcon 427 FE
1964 Comet Caliente

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Hey Mike we would very much enjoy hearing all about your falcon & fairlane ,as well as your dads comet & your comet build. hopefully sometime if you get time, we'd love to see & hear about them all ,as well as any stories about Roy,you & your dad that you care to share . most of us with 64-65 comets put our build threads in the ''64-65 comet'' section. if you click on ''board index'' ,then the very bottom section ''all in the family ,comet's ford sisters'' a section for members other fords ,for the falcon & fairlane. & if you do it will make it easy to find later,& you'll have a good reference for your build. we all enjoy seeing these old cars & some of us could use the inspiration to get back to work on their cars :) :oops: :) :roll:
Johno