New Comet for my Daughter

Let everyone know a little about yourself
jmartin99

New Comet for my Daughter

Post by jmartin99 »

I purchased a '61 Comet last year to restore for my 14yo Daughters first car! It had a 140 and mercomatic 2 speed auto trans, switching it to a 200 L6 with a C4 Auto...granada front discs, 72 Comet 8" rear.

Jeff

SASSY

Re: New Comet for my Daughter

Post by SASSY »

Welcome!
How's it coming?
Are you getting your daughter involved?
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

welcome...get her out there with you,,get those pretty hands and finger nails dirty....she'll be the talk of the school driving a car like that....good luck...…...200 6/c4 is pretty bullet proof...….POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:welcome...get her out there with you,,get those pretty hands and finger nails dirty....she'll be the talk of the school driving a car like that....good luck...…...200 6/c4 is pretty bullet proof...….POP
ANOTHER THING,,,,,,,I gave my daughter a 67 fst bk stang when she was 14,,she was 49 last mo...she still has it !! in fact my son in law is completely redoing it right now,,,new yr's eve I told him I still have the factory original 289 that came in it,....so with a little luck,,,,yrs down the road your baby girl may still have her comet,,,,when my daughter was 17 she wanted a PU...I gave her my 76 one owner trk ,,,I even had AC installed in it for her.....that trk is here at my house right now !!….thanks...
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Jeff! :D How about sharing some pics with us? If you're just getting started, you could start a build thread in the 60-63 Comets section and let us follow along. If you have any questions, there's plenty of advice here for the asking.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D
Johno

Groover

Post by Groover »

Yes, would like to see photos and to follow this thread. :)
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...