new to this forum

Let everyone know a little about yourself
blowerbob

new to this forum

Post by blowerbob »

Hello all . my name is bob ,i'm a retired shop owner of 25yrs and ase master tech. I have had my 63 V-8 4 speed car ( T-10 ) convertible custom not s22 for 20 + years. I bought it just after i started my business and then my business took off and i have not had time to work on it much until now. so i have a question on how many of the v8 4spd convertible customs were produced. i have two different showroom pamphlets one does not show this trim and another that was printed later in the year that shows them as special order only. any info would be helpful. I bought this car as a basket case and i'm finally getting to work on it.

Jims65cyclone

Re: new to this forum

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Now that you have time to work on it, I hope you'll start a build thread on here so we can follow along with your progress. We love to live vicariously through other folk's builds. We also love pictures. Here's a link on how to post them.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=16011

As far as your production numbers, there were 7,354 Custom Convertibles produced in 63, but I don't know how many were V8 4spds. Maybe someone else will chime in with some additional info.
http://www.mercurystuff.com/1963-models/index.html

Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome Bob!
I hope you will post pics, sounds like a neat car.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! we love pics! :D
Johno

blowerbob

Post by blowerbob »

I will be starting a thread that i will be posting as soon as i finish a nova im helping a buddy with. Photos to come

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Be sure to disinfect good when you finish that Nova. Don't want to get any germs on your Comet. :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Be sure to disinfect good when you finish that Nova. Don't want to get any germs on your Comet. :lol:

Jim
there is a shot from the DOCTOR,,for that mistake !! :lol: …pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I noticed Bob is a retired shop owner so I'm sure he has taken proper precautions and is using the right protection! :mrgreen: :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

blowerbob

Post by blowerbob »

I wore a complete hazmat suit while working on the nova. and i showered when i was done

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

THAT'S the spirit! A true professional! :lol:

Jim