New to me 62 Comet.

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Cmf1371

New to me 62 Comet.

Post by Cmf1371 »

Hey y’all,
I bought a 1962 Comet 4 door out of Long Beach not too long ago. 144 ci 3 speed column shift car. It needs a little bit of everything but so far is coming along nicely. I rebuilt the transmission, put in a new clutch, throw out bearing, etc. after I got it all back together I had an issue with the clutch linkage adjustment. The clutch doesn’t want to disengage all the way, making it impossible to get into 1st gear or reverse. I’m almost ready to pull it all apart again to see if I screwed anything up. Anyone have any tips or on this or have run into the same issue? Any help would be appreciated!

poboyjo65

Re: New to me 62 Comet.

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D did you inspect the z bar & pivot balls? mine had a broke pivot ball mount on the frame & barely worked. I also had the fork not properly snapped in place on a truck one time & it didnt work right . & I've seen the clip that holds the fork in place snap off too. & the fulcrum for the fork has been known to snap off but rarely.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome on! I had a 60ish Falcon 144 in about 1970.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D We need to see some pics of your new ride. Here's how:
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=16011

As far as your clutch problem is concerned, you can't go wrong checking out the items Poboy listed. :wink:

Jim