Southwest member

Let everyone know a little about yourself
EarlyCometExposure

Southwest member

Post by EarlyCometExposure »

Hi all,
My parents bought a '64 Cyclone when I was about 4 years old.
It soon thereafter had a trailer hitch welded under it and our family used it for towing a pop-trailer.
From Indiana we traveled as far as New Mexico and Arizona with it.
Everyone in my family now wishes that car was still with us.
It was probably sold around 1970 or 1971 as our family upsized to Ford Country Squires for hauling us kids around.
I'll try to attach a black & white photo of it. (Well, the file is 311kb and I get an error saying it's too large).

A question I would like to ask for current times - what would cause the VIN number on the driver's inner fender to contain all zeros for a 1964 Comet?
Thanks
Dave

Jims65cyclone

Re: Southwest member

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Dave! :D My guess on the all-zero VIN would be that the inner fender was replaced by a dealer/body shop with a "generic" replacement. Like I said, that's a guess. Try following the instructions in this link for posting pics. http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=16011
Do you currently have a Comet or looking for one?

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Seems like I heard of a red 64 somewhere out west ,just sitting,with 00's for the vin,saw pics of it.I cant remember where now but maybe it'll come to me.
Johno

EarlyCometExposure

Post by EarlyCometExposure »

I was asking about the 00000 vin number as there is a '64 404 for sale somewhere in Phoenix.
The listing person is merely trying to help the elderly owner sell it.
They are "supposing" it means it is a pre-production model and asking a high price for it.
The door tag says it was made Feb 25.
I don't have a Comet at this time and I'm not really looking for one, but saw this 404 and was curious.
There is already an '85 Mustang GT in my garage needing restoration that gets enough comments from my wife that I should stay focused on.
Dave

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

EarlyCometExposure wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:22 pm
I was asking about the 00000 vin number as there is a '64 404 for sale somewhere in Phoenix.
The listing person is merely trying to help the elderly owner sell it.
They are "supposing" it means it is a pre-production model and asking a high price for it.
The door tag says it was made Feb 25.
I don't have a Comet at this time and I'm not really looking for one, but saw this 404 and was curious.
There is already an '85 Mustang GT in my garage needing restoration that gets enough comments from my wife that I should stay focused on.
Dave

That is the one I saw,red or red primer. I remember those speculations. There was even a pic of the 0's under the hood where the vin should be.
Johno