New member registration?

Let everyone know a little about yourself
DesertRat

New member registration?

Post by DesertRat »

Hello all: I just brought home my new 1965 Comet Cyclone 289 A-code with factory 4 speed. I built a 1965 404 a few years ago and I am very fond of the platform. I just finished a 6 year build of a 1967 Barracuda notchback coupe and needed another project to keep me out of trouble. I was very glad to fine this site and look forward to becoming an active participant.
Douglas Muscott AKA DesertRat
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

SASSY

Re: New member registration?

Post by SASSY »

Cool, Welcome Doug!
Plans? Pictures?
Fun site here enjoy!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Hey thanks for the welcome. I am trying to learn your navigation system and I am a big photo poster and I like to post total build threads on all my cars. When I built the 404 Comet I posted to TFFN for help but Comets were a sideline there. I am really glad to find this Comet specific site.
Building my Barracuda I am an active member on FABO and I am DesertRat on all the sites I post to. I do no other social media except the site for whichever car I am building at the time.
My new car is relatively rare and I am formulating my build plan. It needs everything including complete interior, disc brake upgrade, AC retrofit and extensive dash repair. When I figure out the Photo posting I will start my build thread and post up the photos sequentially. I feel fortunate having already built a 65 404 so I am in my comfort zone. I am glad to be here!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! I remember the user name over on tffn. I use a couple of pic host sites,including the comet central one but more often I use postimage because you can set it to automatically resize your pics as you upload them. a few pointers & about & links to it on this thread;
https://cometcentral.com/forum/viewtopi ... age#p97068
looking forward to viewing them !!
Johno

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:09 pm
Welcome on! I remember the user name over on tffn. I use a couple of pic host sites,including the comet central one but more often I use postimage because you can set it to automatically resize your pics as you upload them. a few pointers & about & links to it on this thread;
https://cometcentral.com/forum/viewtopi ... age#p97068
looking forward to viewing them !!
Thanks for the photo tip. It's just a new system to learn for me but I will figure it out.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

The hotlink to forums seems to be the best all around. & set resize to ''message boards'' is the best all around. if you leave it on ''do not resize'' sometimes it will cut off the right side of pic but it will zoom way in on the left & center .
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Doug! :D I'm on my second 65 Cyclone 4-speed now. The first was 40 years ago. :roll: My first one had a 289, but my current one has a 302 out of a 68 Fairlane. Looking forward to following your build.

Jim

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Thanks to all for the quick welcome and information. I can already tell I am going to get along well here. This site has good bones a lot like TFFN did. I posted there for about seven years until I started my Barracuda build. I am going to be asking for a lot of advice and help. Ambition stays in my head but memory does not serve so well anymore:-)

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I have sister in Moses Lake,, another reason to visit the area
after the current situation!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

SASSY wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:15 am
I have sister in Moses Lake,, another reason to visit the area
after the current situation!
Fred
Right on Fred, when the time comes PM me. I have a question, does the site have "thank you" or "agree" icons somewhere one can click to respond to posts? The FABO site is good that way. Just asking.

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

A couple of photos:

Engine bay:

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

DesertRat wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:06 am
Right on Fred, when the time comes PM me. I have a question, does the site have "thank you" or "agree" icons somewhere one can click to respond to posts? The FABO site is good that way. Just asking.
I dont know but the site has just been updated so maybe.
Someone will know.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

We havent been there for several years but there seemed to be a fairly big car community there!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

DesertRat wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 11:06 am
I have a question, does the site have "thank you" or "agree" icons somewhere one can click to respond to posts?
There are more emotes available but getting them in takes going into the long settings file and adding the codes in manually and haven't felt like attempting to do that yet with the upgrade. I still need to get the site logo back into the corner :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058