64 Comet Caliente in Finland

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Jims65cyclone

Re: 64 Comet Caliente in Finland

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I found a website that allowed me to enter a Texas license plate number, and it would identify the car it's assigned too. There was no provision to designate a year for the plate, though, so it only looked up the vehicle currently assigned that number. It was a 2002 Nissan Xterra. :roll: What you need is a contact in the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles who could do a search on license plate 580HBM between 1985 and 1990 and see if they could find a match to your VIN. Unfortunately, I don't know ANYONE in Texas, let alone a DMV employee. :roll: I did find the following website that allows you to request DMV information under a Texas Public Information Act. Maybe, if you explain your situation and that you're interested in documenting the history of your classic vehicle, you might find a sympathetic DMV employee that would be willing to help. It's worth a try. Good luck!
https://www.txdmv.gov/open-records

Jim

Samppafin

Post by Samppafin »

Hello Jim,

Thank you about your help. I will try to contact them and explain my situation. We will see what will happen.

Samppa
Mercury Comet Caliente 289 V8 - 1964

Samppafin

Post by Samppafin »

Hello again

I found that my car was sold 1st time from dealer 'Johnny Haas Motors in Lakewood Denver Colorado' and there was sticker in car that it was sold by a seller Myron D. Wolt.

S

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Samppafin

Post by Samppafin »

Yes I can see.