65 Cyclone

Let everyone know a little about yourself
gary65cyclone

65 Cyclone

Post by gary65cyclone »

Hi to all, I bought a 65 Cyclone shell with boxes and baskets of unmarked bolts, nuts and parts. I've got it ready for paint but am looking for a dual scooped hood like the prototype that was a limited run with the scoops starting about a quarter way back on hood. After market is fine if it is available, if not I'm looking for a regular hood. I'm new to the forum so not sure how to respond to any responses. Not really sure I'm even doing this posting right but here goes.
Gary

peps64

Re: 65 Cyclone

Post by peps64 »

You're doing the posting just fine. Welcome aboard. That particular hood is still out there, but they're getting harder to find. I don't recall if someone has started repopping them or not. I'm sure someone will chime in and help point you in the right direction. Good luck with your build!

Peps
64 Cyclone...347 w/ 4-speed, Cal-tracs, Currie 9" rear-end, more goodies to follow

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Kerns Auto parts in Louisville Ky. has the repoped proto type hoods. it's a 65 proto type top with the snorkle of an afx repop bottom. the original proto's pop up now & then for 2500- 3500.

Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Gary! :D I told you you could draw a response from Poboy if you mentioned the hood. :lol: You can respond to a posting by clicking on Post Reply. I'll send you a PM with the info about wheels and tires that we talked about. When you sign on, just click on Private Messages in the top right hand corner, just below the search box.

Jim