New to site.

Let everyone know a little about yourself
MDubbU

New to site.

Post by MDubbU »

Good afternoon fellow comet enthusits, My name is Matt in from Metro Detroit and the owner of a 1964 Mercury Comet 202 w/V8. I have been looking for a comet for many years and finally came across one on the inter web local to me so I put my 1965 Mustang 289 car up for sale so I could buy the comet. Sold the mustang and 4 days and in the 4 days I became the proud owner of a comet. Now the car looks great and is pretty much rust free but it has its issues as someone was build a strip car with it, so for the past few months I have been tearing it down to bring back to its former glory. I look forward to being on this site and learning and talking with other members.

popscomet

Re: New to site.

Post by popscomet »

glad to have you here.....good luck on your build..... pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Howdy Dudey!

Owned a lot of old Fords and Mercs years ago, including several Mustangs. The car I kept the longest was a '65 Comet Cyclone.
Actually bought it twice because I hated selling it the first time. Hunted down the guy I sold it to after a couple years and bought it back.
Sold it twice, as well due to illness in the family. It found a good home and was totally restored, thank goodness.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Let's see what you've got. Here's how to post pics:
https://www.cometcentral.com/forum/view ... =1&t=16011

Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

MDubbU wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:29 pm
Sold the mustang and 4 days and in the 4 days I became the proud owner of a comet.
You made a good choice.
MDubbU wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:29 pm
My name is Matt in from Metro Detroit and the owner of a 1964 Mercury Comet 202 w/V8.
You made even a better choice, the best Comet to own is a '64 202 :lol: I won't dock you points for the V8 :P

Good to have you aboard, and like was said we all need pictures :roll: and as you work on it, take pictures and share your progress so others can enjoy and learn.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

this is a lucky place to a part of while building or just owning a comet....great people and even greater help....has been said...AIN'T NOTHING IN THIS WORLD FOR FREE....that's aload of BS ,,on here it's all free and plenty of it,,,and there is some on here that really really know thier stuff.....good luck pop
pop/glenda

Groover

Post by Groover »

I LOVE any post that starts with "sold my mustang to buy a Comet" :) Welcome aboard.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome!
Looking forward to your input and pics
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Groover wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:42 am
I LOVE any post that starts with "sold my mustang to buy a Comet" :) Welcome aboard.
yrs ago ,I did just the opposit,,parted out a 65 2drht 289 4spd comet,,to build a 65 mustang.....I look back on it today and wish I redone the comet...all the comet needed was a clutch and a good coat of wax and a new windshield....I found it stuck in a man's frt yard,,where he blew the clutch,,,gave a 150.00 dollars for it if I could get it out without ruttin up his yard...which I did ,had to pull it home....me and my buddy were into mustangs then,,we split the cost,he needed the 4spd and I needed the 4bbl 289,,,,,,the rest went to a salvage yard,where am sure it was crushed....live and learn......pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

back in 1977 ,I bought a wrecked 67 merc couger..289 4spd..think I gave 250.00 for it,,,bought it for the 4spd,,to go in the 67 fstback stang I was building for my son's 10th birthday,,,today the stang is still with us as that 4spd....I gave the 289 complete to a family member to go in place of a 360 in a 71 f100 he had bought new,,,he had it rebuilt bone stock ,I gave him the engine stands ,mounts,,exh manifolds everything it took to switch from a FE to a SB,,,today this old man is up in his 80's and still owns the 71 f100 and it almost looks brand new...black on black...so in away POP still owns the very first TL 4spd he ever owned.,,,,,am out of here,,won't be back on this subject..........................pop
pop/glenda