New to group. 64 Cyclone Comet

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Jw_jvw

New to group. 64 Cyclone Comet

Post by Jw_jvw »

I have a 64 Cyclone Comet that I have been holding on to since high school. I always said I would fix it up but 35 years later it is still taking up garage space. Thinking about letting it go since it would cost more to restore than it would be worth. Tough decisions but looking at some of these post does give me some motivation. I'll try to roll it out of garage and get some pics so yall can see what I'm up against. If I do let it go I sure hope to find someone that needs a good project car and would get it back on the road.

Joe Travers

Re: New to group. 64 Cyclone Comet

Post by Joe Travers »

Jw_jvw wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:16 pm
I'll try to roll it out of garage and get some pics so yall can see what I'm up against.
Welcome aboard! Please do post some pics. With further information, you can make an informed decision about restoration cost and value, see if it's worth the effort.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Has it been sitting inside a garage 35 yrs????.....boy..it be hard for me to see it go.....but I ain't in your boots,,,good luck,,,,,,,
pop/glenda

Jw_jvw

Post by Jw_jvw »

I gave up on it in college and parked in a field for about 5 years but went back and got it. Rebuilt the motor about 20 years ago and has mostly been in the garage since. Probably doesn't have a 1000 miles since I rebuilt it. Moved near galveston 5 years ago and the climate has not been kind. Haven't started it in about 10 years.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! A man can get the fever around here, stick around! :wink: 8) but if you sell it you'll be sick for life.
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Here's a video to help you make up your mind :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyUcGz ... 4spdBernie
My old '65 Cyclone came from Port Neches, just up the coast @ Port Arthur. I know about those Gulf Coast conditions. If I'd known what I know now, I would have kept that old rust bucket. It was a rare 3 speed A code car.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Cool video Joe T!! :D felt like I was in there with you,like a kid watching every movement you make. I'm squirming in the seat over here, cant wait to get out & try it my self tomorrow!! Think i heard a couple a them Mcqueen blips as comethead calls em! 8)
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Not me, John. That's old Eric aka 4spdBernie. He has that tach buried a couple times :D
Hear the pinion stubber popping the floor on the 1>2 shift? :lol:
I need to make a GoPro video and show Bernie up when I get the moolah. Working on a patio shop right now. Soaking up my funds.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Hey everyone there is a guy who emailed Mike asking to join the forum named Bill M. who says he moved from CA to North Carolina. he used to be in Comet West. He has a 65 Calliente 289. He may ask for membership on here. Can you guys who are approving members watch for him? he goes by "sarge". Thanks all.
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jw_jvw

Post by Jw_jvw »

Trying to post photos but even one is to large. Guess I will have to read up on posting

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Don't give up on it. Go through some of the build threads on the forum and you'll get plenty of inspiration. Here's Poboy's recipe for posting pics:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16011

Jim