Greetings from Sarasota

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Roadie800

Greetings from Sarasota

Post by Roadie800 »

Howdy all,

Just bought a 1965 Caliente, 289 C code (with a 4 bbl) 4 Speed. I had a similar 65 almost 50 years ago (same red but a 289 automatic). Never forgot what a nice car that one was all those years ago and knew I’d find another some day.

Joe Travers

Re: Greetings from Sarasota

Post by Joe Travers »

Alright Roadie,

Welcome to the Red Comet Club (again)! Post pics if ya got 'em 8)

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome! Im sure you'll enjoy this forum. Lots a cool guys, some of 'em even have non red Comets,,, can you imagine!! Lol
Fred
Oh, I think pics have already been mentioned?
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Welcome on even red Comets are still welcome to sign on :lol:
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Roadie! :D Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with red Comets. We share a similar story. I got my first 65 Cyclone when I was 17, but sold it when I was 20 to get married. Kicked myself for 41 years until I got my current one. We do need to see some pics, though. Here's how to post them:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16011

Jim
Last edited by Jims65cyclone on Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

welcome...POP kinda leans to a red comet also......
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Caliente means hot in Spanish. So RED has to be the color. :lol:
Tom
tomb's 65

Roadie800

Post by Roadie800 »

Thanks. I’m trying to attach photos but it tells me the files are too big. I don’t know how to right-size them.

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Roadie800 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:08 pm
Thanks. I’m trying to attach photos but it tells me the files are too big. I don’t know how to right-size them.
Hit the link on Jim's post. It explains how to post images. Most of us use PostImage. All you have to do is upload and it gives you button to automatically copy the link. Use the 'hotlink for forum' button. It will size automatically for you. You just paste it to your post.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Roadie800 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:10 pm
Howdy all,

Just bought a 1965 Caliente, 289 C code (with a 4 bbl) 4 Speed. I had a similar 65 almost 50 years ago (same red but a 289 automatic). Never forgot what a nice car that one was all those years ago and knew I’d find another some day.
I made the decision before I bought my first car it would be with me forever, it was a continuing thing the old guys that frequented my dad’s shop repeated nearly daily, I wish I kept my first car they never knew the influence they had on a 14/15 year old boy :roll: at least I stumbled on to a really cool one could have easily been a Pinto or the like in those days, that is what my brother had, long since in a junkyard now.mine is getting new life sitting out in my shed right now.
Mike's build thread

Roadie800

Post by Roadie800 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:39 am
Welcome aboard, Roadie! :D Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with red Comets. We share a similar story. I got my first 65 Cyclone when I was 17, but sold it when I was 20 to get married. Kicked myself for 41 years until I got my current one. We do need to see some pics, though. Here's how to post them:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16011

Jim
. Here goes: Image

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Roadie800 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:51 am
Heck, yeah! Nice ride Roadie :D
We gotta start a Red Comet Club like RIGHT NOW :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I think a few things should be understood here, I think most of us get it and most will if they are here long enough, us jealous non red Comet guys :lol: tend to make fun of the boring red comet guys, but none Is meant to offend and most of us would give you the same in person face to face, another might be Craiger wheels but there isn’t anything wrong with them just a few long term running jokes around the forum and personal opinions. I think most of us understand garage banter when we hear it and this is just a giant garage. Withover3000 guys who gather to talk about Comets and other similar type stuff that guys tend to talk about when they get together, I don’t think anyone here is immune from a good occasional ribbing, and don’t think I would ever want that to change, it has afforded me some life long friends on here, That does not mean I want you all to pick on me :lol: , stick with the red Comet guys and Craiger wheels :lol: :lol:. I think I told you all I learned a lot from the old guys that hung around my dad’s body shop when I was growing up, they talked about old cars and tried to give me a sex education, glad I ignored that because 99.9% of it was blatantly false :lol: :lol: so hopefully we can stick with mostly Comet talk here and leave the sex education to someone else with at least a better understanding of female anatomy than my would be teachers seemed to grasp :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike's build thread

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Very nice looking car. :D Thanks for posting it.
tom
tomb's 65