Hello from a newb with a Falcon

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Teddyzee60

Hello from a newb with a Falcon

Post by Teddyzee60 »

Just joined, thanks for all the info!

Been browsing/lurking here for years, but finally joined after a little difficulty.

I've got '60 Falcon that I haven't started building yet. This site is a great mechanical reference.

Sorry to hear about the passing of Mike, been reading his posts forever it seems.

I'm a recovering mni-trucker, my main build is/was a '97 Ranger 5.0

My Falcon plans are to make a cool little restomod cruiser.
I've got an old 5.0, it will be EFI, T5, 8.8 Trac Lok, just basic and reliable I hope.

I put an HO cam in the engine to keep it tame. 4.10 gears in the 8.8 will be excessive, but I'm keeping the budget for now.

Wheels are 17x8 and 17x10.5 Bullitts. The springs will be moved and Ranger rear shortened with an early (92-older) 26" axle.
Brakes are Mustang Steve brackets with 13.2" 2014 rotors. Likely SN95 Cobra rear rotors, I'm going to modify SN95 caliper brackets.

Parts have been gathered for years, finally built a shop this summer to begin.

Thanks for sharing all of this info. As you may know, most of the Falcon info has been scrubbed from the web.

I still see a few Comets around up here in Canada...
I used to travel to school in a 64/5 Comet as a child. The neighbour had one- I'll never forget the plastic frost eliminators on the windows.

Thanks again to John for getting me logged in here.

Teddyzee

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: Hello from a newb with a Falcon

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Glad you were able to get logged on finally. I would love to see some pictures of your Falcon, sounds like a nice build.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

A Canuk! Welcome!
Where bouts?
Like the read as to build and looking forward to following.
I had a little 60-1 2dr Falcon 144-auto,,, ROCKET! lol as a kid.
Big dreams but,, ya wrecked it. Did that to a few as I remember
Anyway, always happy to read about a new build.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Sounds like a rad build to me :wink:
'60 Falcon, lightest Ford made w/ a roller engine? Dude....... :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on ! :D glad you made it! we'd love to see it! we can help with pics if needed,Jim may throw up a link he keeps handy to a pic help thread. Lori & comethead are the ones to thank,I was just passing on info. there is a section for falcons & other fords ,last section on board index,''All in the family ,comet's ford sister''. good place to start a build thread if desired. A great way to keep track of your build & all the details.
Johno

351 Pinto

Post by 351 Pinto »

Welcome! I love the early Falcons. I was actually looking for a 63 Falcon when I stumbled onto my Comet.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Here's the pic how-to thread John mentioned:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16011

There are a lot of good Falcon threads in the "All in the Family..." forum at the bottom of the Board Index page. Looking forward to following your build thread and seeing some pics.

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELCOME....me and son built a 63 2dr falcon many yrs ago...5 bolt 289 8 in rear...was a neat car,,I had a 63 comet V8 as a parts car...so the falcon got a 5 lug frt end also..this was way before this comet forum was even thought of.....a friend was out of work,,wrecked his only transportation,,had a wife and 3 small kids,,,,so I pulled my 289 out and gave him the falcon,,he took his 302 C4 out of his wreck and built back the falcon,,,,wife got upset with me for giving it away ,,just had the seats redone,,,but he was a friend in need,,,,really I was more concerned about his family,,,,and I believe in what goes around comes around,,,and I have been blessed way more then the worth of that falcon....glad your here ,good luck pop
pop/glenda

Teddyzee60

Post by Teddyzee60 »

I'll post some pics once I transition to my phone from the laptop.
What a great welcome from the regulars! lol

I think I've got a pretty solid shell to begin with. It has some shock tower cuts and SBF mounts welded/prepped in, but
I get the impression this car was a project that (fortunately) got passed around for many years with zero use.
Title was last dealt with in the early 2000s, signed and sold, but that was one of the first things I dealt with.
Titled in my name BEFORE spending any time or money on it..

Sassy, I'm way out in NS.

As it sits, it has new Granada brakes and I swappped an oped 3.0 or 3.25 8" in there. So at least it sits on some slick wheels!
But pics will help.

One of the neighbours has a more-door Comet, havren't seen it in a couple months, so I forget if it's '63 or '64 style..

I'll be back with pics, in the meantime I'll be reading. I'll start a thread when the work starts.

Enjoy the rides!

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

NS,, thats a hike!
Went through there in '09 when we did a x country tour.
Did thd usuzl stuff, Fundy, pumpkin patch where the first hockey game was played etc. Neat area, but no mountains!
Born n raised in SK. had enough of flat, lol.
I think there is a guy on here with a red 64-5 Caliente from NS.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

351 Pinto

Post by 351 Pinto »

and gave him the falcon
Pop- I would gladly quit my job to get one of your cars :D

Fred- I think there is a red Comet from just about everywhere on this forum :lol:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THANK YOU ,PINTO,,,that was a kind thing to say,, in the early 80"s ,,,we built a 64 2drht falcon for me to drive to work,,cheap transportation during the gas crunch,,,then a co worker wanted it for his girlfriend,,,so I just sold it to him,,,it was time to build something else...that was a passion of mine...to build something....me and son have built many....POP has had several neat rides....even a studebaker silver hawk....wound up tradeing it for my 55 crown vic...blowed the engine in the crown,,,put a T bird 312 with 3x2's and a rare set of headman headers for Y block.....wish I had all of them back.......way to many to count !!....I read what people are doing on here,,,I think to myself...shoot I did that or tried back yrs ago.......sweet memories.....makes no diffrence what a person does,,chances are it has already been done or attemped.....OH WELL,that keeps this hobby afloat....and I love it !!! thanks POP
pop/glenda

Teddyzee

Post by Teddyzee »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Looks like my first username is active now, I will swap to it as it’s easier for me (both the name and the email correspondence). Apparently the forum update helped me. (Same username minus the 60 on the end…)

Here is the Falcon, but I’ll remember we are Comet based here.

Teddyzee

Post by Teddyzee »

Trying up delete.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Teddyzee wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:33 am
Trying up delete.
I looked inside of your post. You used a link format but tried pasting a file into it. Either upload that .png in the attachment area at the bottom of your post or hot link it from a source using the same IMG shortcut
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry