Hello from San Diego, CA!

Let everyone know a little about yourself
chilliwilli

Hello from San Diego, CA!

Post by chilliwilli »

[https://ibb.co/pjr5tVj/img]What’s up everybody! My name i Chris W, screen name is Chilliwilli. I have a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente in black. It has a 302 engine, 2 seats, brakes…and that’s about it! I think one of the previous owners was going to make into a little dragster because the trunk area has been cut out for wider wheels. I don’t have a back seat either…BUT HOLY GOD DO I LOVE MY COMET! I bought it on a whim. I am new to classic cars and might have questions, and will do my best to help with what little knowledge I have. I cannot attach a pic because it says the file is too large, but I used an online photo library to get an URL…(I’m on my iPhone, not a pc…does anybody know how to post pics onto this forum from an iPhone? I might have us my pc. Or how do use that “[\img]” thing?)
Suddenly I just want to drive my uncomplicated 64 Comet…

Thanks
Last edited by Boss/Cyclone on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: make picture visible

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: Hello from San Diego, CA!

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Great looking Comet. Welcome to the site. I edited you post to make the photo show up. :) I recognize those rims, 80's Ranger.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Ok Chris, I recognize your Comet now. Has a 50's Ford truck grille right? I know I have seen it before.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Cool beans! 8)
I've seen it before as well but can't remember where. Previous owner post it here?
Heck man, keep the drag theme going and tub it :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

JimsHot66

Post by JimsHot66 »

Welcome aboard! You'll find lot's of good info and support here. Looks like a fun car!!

Jim

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D I recognize the grill, too. I think it was a new member within the last year that had the car. Interested in seeing what you do with it. Try going here to learn how to post pics:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16011

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on ! yes that car has been on here before,3-4 years ago maybe. :D
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Yes those 15" Ranger wheels! The centers have the same diameter as chev 1/2 ton ralley wheel centers. They came 7s and 8s. Find a set take the centers out and slide those Ranger centers in. 15x7s and 8s you build with the offset required to fit your Rocket! Black with bullet centercaps and lug nuts,,, Killer!
Im lookin to do something similar with a set of 17" Cop car wheels, just for a project.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:49 pm
Ok Chris, I recognize your Comet now. Has a 50's Ford truck grille right? I know I have seen it before.
Yep car has been on here before. The grill and lack of wheel wells. Think I posted something about burnout smoke.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about