Hello from Illinois

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Joe Travers

Re: Hello from Illinois

Post by Joe Travers »

Hooker Super Comp fits my Z bar.
I have a little hammer work on one tube to clear my steering shaft but shouldn't have that problem w/ stock steering column.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

bluestang67

Post by bluestang67 »

:D
Joe Travers wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:35 pm
Hooker Super Comp fits my Z bar.
I have a little hammer work on one tube to clear my steering shaft but shouldn't have that problem w/ stock steering column.

Joe
Shock tower created no issue , of course if necessary i can cut a slot and weld half a pipe section to create a dimple .
Starting from ground zero

bluestang67

Post by bluestang67 »

They say 4 spd fit , but looking at #6 tube looks a little low and close to z bar , hate to order ceramic and have to hammer it half closed . I have a T5 but it needs rebuilt gears are thin .

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

bluestang67 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:17 pm
Shock tower created no issue , of course if necessary i can cut a slot and weld half a pipe section to create a dimple .
No but very tight on #5. Go into it eyes wide open. I don't know if any off-the-shelf header is going to fit w/o some modification, somewhere.
If I need another set, I'm going to try and find a shop to do it. That or another set of Hookers and mod my steering linkage, if possible.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

bluestang67

Post by bluestang67 »

Joe Travers wrote:
No but very tight on #5. Go into it eyes wide open. I don't know if any off-the-shelf header is going to fit w/o some modification, somewhere.

Joe
Thanks , no problem cutting tower , new engine with the pan he is installing i may have to IFS , been looking at Heidts . They have went up since the last time i got their Superide .

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

I'm running Unisteer power R&P conversation, using stock control arms & spindles.
The price on it has skyrocketed in the last few months as well. Looking forward to your progress.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop