Fully restored 64 Comet Caliente Convertible

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Ripper0863

Fully restored 64 Comet Caliente Convertible

Post by Ripper0863 »

My wife has inherited her fathers 64 caliente ragtop. its had a total frame off restoration. I am sure I will be posting a lot more over the next few years in regards to this lovely piece of history. We are Rob and Leanne from the West Coast of Canada, just outside of Victoria British Columbia.

The vehicle was purchased new in Victoria in 1964 by a school teacher and my father in law purchased it from her in 1971. the car has had a few owners since then. First my wife used to drive it to high school and was the owner. She then sold it to her brother who drove it to school and such as well. He cut out the radio to put in an aftermarket stereo, DOH!!!! Then he sold the car back to my wife and it sat in her garage for 15 years. She then got a divorce and her dad bought out the ex-husbands share in the car so it was now co-owned by my wife and her father.

He did a complete frame off restoration. The paint and body work is far above the normal industry standards. In addition all the stainless trim was removed and polished. the bumpers and all of the other chrome was taken off and redone. There is nothing on the car that has not been redone or replaced. Even the inside of the doors and panels have been filled with a rust prohibitive material the will also act as a sound deadener.

The car is actually in better condition now than when it was first delivered from the factory. Nothing done to the car cosmetically to change it from stock. The use of the contrasting top and the highly polished stainless trim gives the car a fantastic look.

Interior has been redone as new. Seats and carpets are new and the dashboard, trim panels and convertible top are all new as well. The seats have been reodne in Ultra leather that is tan with a maroon piping that really makes the car look luxurious.

It has period correct American racing wheels, and the tires are 15 inch BF Goodrich radials.

The car is equipped with a 289 V8, Automatic, Power top, bucket seats and Console, Dual Exhaust and tonneau cover.
It is Maroon in color with tan and maroon interior and a tan convertible roof.

Here is a tease of this beauty
Last edited by Ripper0863 on Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Caveman49

Re: Soon to be owner of a 64 caliente convertible

Post by Caveman49 »

Welcome, sounds like a beautiful ride. There’s a thread that’ll give you all the information you need on posting pictures.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17125
Motor Safe,
Lee

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Sounds great, Fred "Sassy" is from your neck of the woods.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on!!! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D

Jim