Doug from NC here

Let everyone know a little about yourself
MY63COMET

Re: Doug from NC here

Post by MY63COMET »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:30 pm
I have also heard of people poking it in using a putty knife. someone must have done mine like that because it still has very old window seals in it,or did,I took the front one out & it seemed to me to be the original factory seal. guy I got it from said it was a new headliner. but back one must have been out because the chrome trim was gone. maybe some of the body guys on here will chime in. but if it needs new window seals best to do both at same time from what I gather.
Thanks. I was trying to post a picture of mine but it kept having an error message. :-(

MY63COMET

Post by MY63COMET »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:30 pm
I have also heard of people poking it in using a putty knife. someone must have done mine like that because it still has very old window seals in it,or did,I took the front one out & it seemed to me to be the original factory seal. guy I got it from said it was a new headliner. but back one must have been out because the chrome trim was gone. maybe some of the body guys on here will chime in. but if it needs new window seals best to do both at same time from what I gather.
Thanks. I was trying to post a picture of mine but it kept having an error message. :-(

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

If you do remove the windows, be sure to reinstall the lower windshield trim and all of the rear window trim as you install the windows. You can't install the trim after the window is installed.

Jim

MY63COMET

Post by MY63COMET »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:00 pm
If you do remove the windows, be sure to reinstall the lower windshield trim and all of the rear window trim as you install the windows. You can't install the trim after the window is installed.

Jim
So glad I joined this site. Great info Jim.
Thanks so much.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

MY63COMET wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:15 pm

most of us use a host to post pics like ''Postimage'' because you can set it to resize them as you upload them to it.
https://www.cometcentral.com/forum/view ... =1&t=16011
Johno

MY63COMET

Post by MY63COMET »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:00 pm

Jim
So I drove over to talk to the upholstery shop that I will use to put in my new headliner. I won't have the car for a few weeks so I was only able to show him pictures. He was saying that the headliners on some older cars were actually put over the edge of the windows before the windows were put in place. He's going to try to tuck and glue it under the window mouldings if possible, rather than having the glass taken out. Fingers crossed.
New padding too between the headliner and roof.
He quoted me approx. $1500 and thats with me providing the headliner and visor materials.
He had numerous high $ cars in his shop, so that was a good sign.

Eddiecomet

Post by Eddiecomet »

Welcome on board Doug,

This group of Comet lovers have some much knowledge and input and they just love sharing to help all the people beautify and restore their ride. What a gem of a ride you have! Comets are few to come by in Hawaii. You can count them on one hand, maybe two if you include all the years.

Mahalo, Eddie

MY63COMET

Post by MY63COMET »

Eddiecomet wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:12 pm
Welcome on board Doug,

This group of Comet lovers have some much knowledge and input and they just love sharing to help all the people beautify and restore their ride. What a gem of a ride you have! Comets are few to come by in Hawaii. You can count them on one hand, maybe two if you include all the years.

Mahalo, Eddie
Thanks Eddie,
I took my car out for her maiden voyage to the Friday night car show downtown. Cars and music. Had a great time.
Lots of people stopping to look at it. It was a great feeling. Lots of compliments and memories for folks.
I may have try to get a bit more power out of what I have. She has a hard time going up hills even when I got it floored.
Is that normal for these cars. I have the 170cc and Mercomatic 2 speed.