Old car guy, new member.

Let everyone know a little about yourself
mopar 346

Old car guy, new member.

Post by mopar 346 »

Good morning,

I would first like to thank Popscomet and Boss/Cyclone for hoping me get to posting. I registered a few weeks ago but in my haste I clicked born after 99 thinking it was registering after 99. Well due to protection policies (which I think are a good thing) it would not allow me to view the forums when logged in much less post. It took us awhile to figure it out but we did. I post this in the case that anyone ever runs across it again.

About me, as you might gather from my use name I have a heavy Mopar influence (I like horsepower). I have a number of muscle cars and a few other classics that I would not exactly call muscle but none the less cool. One of my favorites and my daily driver for many years is a 63.5 Comet S-22 Sportster as ya'll call it. I have referred to it as Aunt Lou for many years and I will post the story on the 60-63 forum it you care to find out why. I have a good number of picture of it from over the years but I don't have a photo bucket account or the likes so I guess you cant see it, so like Pop's mine will be a phantom.

I am a 30 year automotive professional working in the repair side of dealerships my whole career. It started because I loved cars and I figured out how to make a living at it. I use to hold ASEs but like them expire since I never worked as a tech professional but have constantly restored and built race cars on the side. Not much I haven't done or don't currently do to a car. I bought most of my stable many years ago before they got expensive and just never got rid of them. I am active on a number of forums, since as mentioned I have a reasonable cross section but dominantly Mopars, I go by mopar346 on al of them but due to my registration error I had to add the space. I hope to add something to this forum.

Anyway, thanks again guys, Kevin
Last edited by mopar 346 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Careful your character's showing!

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Old car guy, new member.

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Kevin;Welcome to the site! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YOU made it !! been waiting on you ,,,,,WELCOME....POP
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Thanks guys, so as I understand it from reading different post you 2 are the most"experienced" of the clan, kinda the Godfathers.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GIVE that title to ROY...POP's just a plain ole grand father...thanks pop.... 8)
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome!
The 63's are cool cruisers, is it the late 63 hardtop?
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Yep, colonial white with red guts, 260 2 speed, sitting on SSs.

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Welcome aboard Kevin. I'm a fan of the 63's also. I've had 8 of them over the years. Down to one now. A 63 S-22 bracket car. She's a lot of fun. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

juddp39532

Post by juddp39532 »

Welcome from Gautier, MS.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Glad we got this thing figured out. Welcome!
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

mopar 346 wrote:Thanks guys, so as I understand it from reading different post you 2 are the most"experienced" of the clan, kinda the Godfathers.
lol. yea they are the 'dons' of the family :mrgreen: Tons of hot roddin knowledge in this forum - but if your looking for those dusty ol books fulla gold, well, Roy n Pops are your men :mrgreen:
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Thanks everyone.

383Merc, I'm a big fan of the old super stockers, I often thought of making a Dyno Don clone out of it but never found a 63 version of his car and of course Aunt Lou is too nice to cut on.

Judd, I hope you aren't too near the coast, but the fact that you are posting is a good sign. I'm about 45 miles from the Gulf over toward Tallahassee so we avoided anything serious once again.

Thanks again for the welcome folks.

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Kevin,
Welcome! Great story. I read it before I read your introduction. I hope SASSY doesn't change the color of your car to red as he posts your pictures. You never know about those guys in the frozen north.
Dave

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Welcome fellow Comet (and Mopar) fan! What all do you have in your stable? An out-of-the-closet mopar fan is far better than an in-the-closet bowtie guy! As Pops reply to my post said " the Mopar just makes the Comet stand out more in the pics!!
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

albert

Post by albert »

Welcome to the forum, and I also really like the 63 1/2's, always wanted one but have only had 64's and 65's. You guys keep saying your old but its all in your mind. You stay young by fooling around with these cars, at least I do! Comets take me back to my youth when all I did was live for my car. PS............I only made it into baby boomer status by 5 days, figure that! Hope to see some pics of that car, you can figure out photobucket....give it a shot.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust