I want to fix up my 1976 Comet

Let everyone know a little about yourself
creagz

I want to fix up my 1976 Comet

Post by creagz »

I live in Minnesota, and have a Mercury Comet with 90K that I drove throughout high school, 1991-1994, sitting around getting old. It could run with a little help, has a bit of body damage, and needs to get fixed up. I have a lot of sentimental attachment to this car.
I want to drive it again during the summer, but would like to find a mechanic that has an interest in cars of this era.
Any suggestions?
My zip code is 55407. I live in the Twin Cities. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Paul

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Paul, Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone up in your area will have a tip for you on a good shop.

I know all about the sentimental attachments, most guys would use my Comet for parts :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

Paul,
Welcome aboard. I too know all to well the sentimental value thing. I have been ragged for years about getting rid of my MOPAR because times have gotten tough but i wont budge. I wish that I was in your area so that I could give you a hand to keep your baby on the road. Hopefully someone up there will hook you up. if you need any questions answered just ask and im sure that someone here will be able to help you.
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"