Loman's White 65 project

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
loman

Re: Loman's White 65 project

Post by loman »

Like I said in the other thread, I cheaped out and bought the square top aluminum radiator. It came with an electric fan but I took that off. Only had to do 2 changes. I had to cut a relief on the passenger side flange for the battery box and had to remove the fan spacer. Other than that it is installed now.
I also bought a fuel sending unit and put my buddy's old gas tank in. I blew air through the fuel line and it didn't surprise me but the fuel line is rusted through about half way between fuel pump and tank. So next item is to replace fuel line and find the rubber gas hose to go between tank and filler neck.
Attachments
radiator.jpg
radiator.jpg (89.1 KiB) Viewed 882 times

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Looks great. The low location of cap gives the rad its own expansion tank.
I may have to look at something like that. Im running the original tiny V6 copper rad for in mine, no leaks or real problems but,,,
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

loman wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:03 am
I had to cut a relief on the passenger side flange for the battery box and had to remove the fan spacer. Other than that it is installed now.
If you had to remove fan spacer, you have good capacity :D
Always dig the yellow valve covers & breather on the '65. The star on the breather is pretty cool, too.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi