JL's new 64 Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
poboyjo65

JL's new 64 Comet

Post by poboyjo65 »

Maybe he'll get on here & give us the lowdown on it.

Johno

popscomet

Re: JL's new 64 Comet

Post by popscomet »

LOOKS good JL..DWAYNE SHOWED it to me the other night,,,I like the 3spd column shift....yrs ago I almost made mine column shift,,,hope you and ms PAT HAVE A GREAT NEW YEARS,,,,my 3rd beer will be in your honor,,4th will be for PAT,and the 5th will be for your comet....after that going to bed :shock: :shock: :? :lol: pop/GLENDA.........
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Well I traded my old 58F100 for it fresh paint and interior 289 3on tree has hi/po badges but not sure about that .I have been told there was no hi/po in64 and that . there was I don’t know. Hopefully it will be atTHE GATHERING few little things I want to do to it So we will see what happens

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

I can’t seem to get the pic to work but John put one on for me HOPE EVERYBODY HAS A HAPPY NEW YEAR C U N P/ F ROLL COMETS

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GLAD TO SEE THE POSTER CHILD FOR ALL COMETS,,,it still is POP's pick....hahny...firgue out what they stand for..pop
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Poster child has a roommate nowU Hahny also hope to see yaw I PF

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

duncanjl wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:29 pm
Poster child has a roommate nowU Hahny also hope to see yaw I PF
Well that certainly is a dandy JL, my plans are to be at PF in June along with my '64

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JL do you shift that column shift as smooth as ms PAT shifts that 4spd in the poster child ?? she's smooth !!! pop :) 8)
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pop you have to be damn good to beat her in shifting those gears been doing it a long time but the tree is pretty easy lm working on it had four others on tree so I’ve about figured it out hope yaw had great NEW YEAR see you in P F N JUNE TAKE CARE C U THERE. ROLL COMETS J L

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

My wife is good at shifting as long as it is on the floor, when we first got married I bought the '62 F-100 with a six-cylinder and three on the tree, we went to the grocery store parking lot at night and I taught her how to column shift, she picked it up pretty quick.

Of course I learned to drive a standard when I bought the Comet, my first experience was around 13 when my dad decided to teach me in a little Cricket he had bought, I made it down to the end of our driveway (probably 1/8 to 1/4 mile) turned out on the county road (all pretty jerky driving) and proceeded to turn into a big ditch and almost rolled the car over (I can't remember what Crickets were, I think they were Dodge imports of maybe Mitsubishis) I know it shoved a tree branch through the radiator and my dad had a neighbor come pull it out with a tractor, I was totally embarrassed and knew I was in all kinds of trouble but dad never said a thing (he was in the passenger seat the whole time) I don't think he could find a replacement radiator and ended up selling that car, it put fear in me from driving a standard car again but the Comet motivated me to master a stick and three on the tree :P so I was seventeen before I learned to drive a stick but at 18 I got my CDL and drove big trucks etc and have loved the manual shift thing since.

I guess both Comets will be in PF this year?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Nice one, looks bone stock!

My wife hated driving my Cyclone because the shift arm collar was wallowed out where the pin goes through.
Busted her knuckles on the dash going into second gear every time. :(

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi