Pics of Pops Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
popscomet

Re: Pics of Pops Comet

Post by popscomet »

been going on 3 yrs since the heater core sprung a leak,,so I just bypassed it,,,had a new core and hoses forever,,just never got around to changing it til tonight,,,me and son ,mostly son ,changed it,,now have a super heater,,,yrs ago when 1st redone the old red ride,,,I bought the heater box repair kit with all new foam so everything was still in good shape,,,and the blower motor always was loud on high,,so had bought a replacement,,now heater blower is noise free..there was a date on the old motor sept 3 1963,so it goes hand to hand with the built date of sept 20 .1963,,,just in time too,it's cold outside,,,,,...pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

I remember driving my first Mustang with a bypassed heater core one winter many years ago.
It was a daily driver, had to wear thermal underwear, flannel shirt and a Army field jacket with liner and STILL froze my rear end off. :cry:

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I never stop driving my comet,I just wouldn't go far when cold,,,I've never let my comet just sit,, ,really my comet has had the whls driven off of it....but has always been taken care of,,,right down to puttin it up on the outside lift and pressure washing it ever so often,,,I keep it so clean on the bottom side is the reason I never would paint or undercoat it,,,,it's all factory looking,,,,,,rust free !! BUT am sure proud of my new heater !!...now GLENDA will ride in it when cold..... :D :D pop
pop/glenda