Pics of Pops Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
B_Hix

Re: Pics of Pops Comet

Post by B_Hix »

I'll be darn - POP does have a Comet! Lol, nice to finally see some pictures POP - sharp ride!!! :)
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

The pic's have been there for a long time ...you finaly found them,POP's been many miles in that comet,it's been a good dependable ride,,,thanks,,,pop :) :D
pop/glenda

lowrider91

Post by lowrider91 »

Very nice pop!!! Jim
It's like a Falcon only cooler!

mercury6465

Post by mercury6465 »

Great looking '64 Pop!!

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

Very very nice looking car sir, can I ask what your tire & rim combo is? I mean, I realize they are Torque Thrusts or something similar, but what I am wondering is the size & back spacing is? I would really love to go this route with my 63.
Thank you in advance,
Nick

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

NICK,let me do some checking in the morning and I'll get back to you,and thank-you....POP
pop/glenda

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Very nice!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:NICK,let me do some checking in the morning and I'll get back to you,and thank-you....POP
WELL,NICK,this is a far cry from in the morning,but ....those whls and tire combo on POP's comet are----14x6 (all4)torque D thrust with215-70's on the front and 225-70's on the rear ,with a 31/4 back spaceing,thats' as much as I can put on the rear,I just can put my finger in front of the tire and the body,but under normal conditions they never rub,but if the trunk is loaded heavy and or grown people are in the back seat,I do get a rub now and again,but mainly when I hit a highway pot hole or in a hard lean ,but MT with just me --it's just fine,,,I think the same set up would work for you,,when they do rub on the rear,it sounds worst then it is,cause it don't even MAR the tire,,the front are perfect,they don't touch anything....sorry for the delay in answering you but I've been covered up with this grand son and his stuff :lol: best of luck in which ever way you go,need anything else just post it...thank you POP
pop/glenda

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

popscomet wrote:
popscomet wrote:NICK,let me do some checking in the morning and I'll get back to you,and thank-you....POP
WELL,NICK,this is a far cry from in the morning,but ....those whls and tire combo on POP's comet are----14x6 (all4)torque D thrust with215-70's on the front and 225-70's on the rear ,with a 31/4 back spaceing,thats' as much as I can put on the rear,I just can put my finger in front of the tire and the body,but under normal conditions they never rub,but if the trunk is loaded heavy and or grown people are in the back seat,I do get a rub now and again,but mainly when I hit a highway pot hole or in a hard lean ,but MT with just me --it's just fine,,,I think the same set up would work for you,,when they do rub on the rear,it sounds worst then it is,cause it don't even MAR the tire,,the front are perfect,they don't touch anything....sorry for the delay in answering you but I've been covered up with this grand son and his stuff :lol: best of luck in which ever way you go,need anything else just post it...thank you POP
Thank you sir, I really appreciate the info. Love those Torque thrust wheels on these cars, they just look right. 8)
Thanks again,
Nick

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

IMO
The correct wheel and tire combo for a 63.5!!
Can you imagine how much better that combo would look on your hardtop?? :mrgreen:
=http://s234.photobucket.com/user/fredsm ... 3.jpg.html]Image
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

American Torque Thrusts ROCK!!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Rarerat

Post by Rarerat »

SASSY wrote:IMO
The correct wheel and tire combo for a 63.5!!
Can you imagine how much better that combo would look on your hardtop?? :mrgreen:
=http://s234.photobucket.com/user/fredsm ... 3.jpg.html]Image

Oh man that looks good!! :mrgreen:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JMO,those whls look good on that comet,because of the COLOR of the paint and the width of the rear tires....to me those whls are brand x nova whls,but this is JMO,it's hard to beat tt D'S,and on a white or off white car at that,,but like I said thats JMO ,and you can put a dollar with it and go to MICKY D'S and get a small coffee...POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Just looked at your Comet pics again Pop...holy moly that car is cool! 8)

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

comethead wrote:Just looked at your Comet pics again Pop...holy moly that car is cool! 8)

Joe
Thank you ,JOE,POP and GLENDA have owned several COOL cars in our almost 47yrs of marriage,but the comet is one that is on the front page ,near thetop of the list.To be very honest,our 67 fairlane 2drht sbf 4spd was our pick,When parked side by side,they just set each other off in the shop or in the drive way,but I let my alligator mouth overload my mocking-bird ass and sold the fairlane,,,.and Glenda got very upset,just like she did when I traded off my 56 studebaker HAWK,for my 55 crown -VIC....thanks again...POP
pop/glenda