California Backroads tour..

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
RCMike

California Backroads tour..

Post by RCMike »

Am on a back road tour of California, and to my surprise theres a second Comet.. anyway, some photos of our cars around the state..

Day 1
Over Santa Barbara
Lunch in Buelton

Day2
I had a blowout Outside Cholome, within 5 miles of James Dean's last ride.. the TR3a stopped to help.. Great people on the trip.

Tire fixed and headed to the hills..

Dinner stop, great BBQ at a winery with a classic car collection that was just unreal..
The Blue Meany, my savior since I did not have a jack in the car.. :oops:
Dinner and views..
Miles and miles of rolling hills and vines..

Stopped to take a photo by a house that has fallen into the river.. Looked like they built a new one on the other side of the road..

Sunset over Cambria, on a gorgeous but bumpy dirt road..
Last photo with the last light.. Ocean, Dirt roads, gorgeous views, miles from anywhere.. Is this even California?
'63 Comet Hardtop

SASSY

Re: California Backroads tour..

Post by SASSY »

wow! beautiful
no jack! !! well was the spare yours? lol
how was the soup?
there are signs every 20 miles
for beulton pea. soup when coming from the north on the 101.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Scenry like that is not what I think about when I have thoughts of CALIFORNIA,very nice indeed.....looks very peaceable...thanks POP
pop/glenda

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

POP;they planted millions of acres of wine grapes in an area that has NO water!! Now all the wells are running dry,aquafirs are drying up,what few lakes are empty.So NOW they have a moritorium on new wineries,and vineyards,kinda like the old saying of closing the gate after the horses have run off!!! Commiefornia,a State run by IDIOTS!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ROY,thats is a testamony to the times we now live in,somebody got rich over the planting of those grapes...who ?? we may never know !! today the motto is "it's me me me" hell with thy neighbor....and don't fill special.it's every where !! TREE huggers are all over the place,,acouple of years ago..BASS PRO SHOP was gonna build in the area,fill in a swamp by the railroad ,but because of a FROG that lived in that swamp that someone's grd PAW hadn't seen in 30 yrs or more,they built else where. Progress is great,but sometimes it sucks !! I like the progress in cam tech and rod ratio....POP :shock: :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

RCMike

Post by RCMike »

Fred, I had the spare(with air in it), the lug wrench, even the torque wrench.. Just forgot the stupid jack..lol

Pops, you only have to drive about 1000 miles to find that kind of scenery in California (We drove about 1200 miles this weekend).. As the crow flies, the first photo is probably 40-50 miles from Roy.. But more like 100 miles by road..

Anyway, Probably not so peaceable when 3 Porsches, 2 Comets, 3 Alfa Romeos, a BMW, a Citreon, a Thunderbird, a Triumph, a Morgan, a Jensen, a Mercedes, and a few others came rumbling thru.. But darn scenic..

SO MUCH FUN... Finally home tonite..
'63 Comet Hardtop

comethead

Post by comethead »

Great pics mike!!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed