Other Mercury Projects

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
loman

Re: Other Mercury Projects

Post by loman »

Thanks pops! I'll check with my dad and see if he had any luck yet on finding one. If not I will ask him what he is willing to pay for a used one and if he knows what will interchange. Thanks again.

albert

Post by albert »

When I got transferred with Philips from Canada to New Jersey in 1979 I brought my Canadian built 1977 Mercury Monarch Special Edition ( I believe a Canadian model only) It was white with a gold half vinyl roof with special gold pinstriping, gold accented wheels, gold interior etc. I loved that car! Several people back in the day in NJ said they had never seen one like it. Lost that car to a 1983 divorce from my English wife, don't know where that car ended up.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

loman

Post by loman »

Pop, talked to my dad last night and he said he found and ordered one yesterday. It's supposed to be a rebuilt one. Thanks again for offer of help.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Man those divorce's have cost several guys a car or truck,,,,thats why I told GLENDA if she ever left me... I was going with her :!: :shock: pop
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

Pop, it is always "cheaper to keep her". Took me years to figure that one out!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

TELL me about it ,right now we have a very close family member going thru a split up.....lots of times the 2 can sit down and work out a reasonable split,thats good for both ,but when family and those darn lawers get involved ,,it all goes to pot in a hand basket fast...pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

albert wrote:When I got transferred with Philips from Canada to New Jersey in 1979 I brought my Canadian built 1977 Mercury Monarch Special Edition ( I believe a Canadian model only) It was white with a gold half vinyl roof with special gold pinstriping, gold accented wheels, gold interior etc. I loved that car! Several people back in the day in NJ said they had never seen one like it. Lost that car to a 1983 divorce from my English wife, don't know where that car ended up.
I've posted this pic before but maybe you didn't see it.
It was a '75 Ghia, originally chocolate brown with a beige 1/2 vinyl roof and all that heavy side and rear trim, 351W buckets console.
I really enjoyed this one too.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Fred;Looks good! I DO NOT remember seeing it! What is all that white stuff? ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

loman

Post by loman »

Cool car Fred! Is that a 65 or 66 mercury ragtop in the background?

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

loman wrote:Cool car Fred! Is that a 65 or 66 mercury ragtop in the background?
Guess again,,,
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I remember seeing it.

I'll guess Dodge on the green one .
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

poboyjo65 wrote:I remember seeing it.

I'll guess Dodge on the green one .
ya, it's Blair's 65 Dart.
That pic was taken in about 82, when he was about 18,, still has it along with about 10 other mopars

albert

Post by albert »

Fred, nice Granada, did it come with A 351? I thought they were all 302's? I'm not even sure if they had Monarchs in the US in 1977?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Fred it may be the snow but it looks more like a 66.
Johno

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Engine for the Cougar is ready for the run-in-stand,going to break it in,set valves and timing and check for any leaks!! Seats are done,guess it will be time for reassembly soon!! Fred;what ever happened to the Granada/Monarch? ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals