‘64 Falcon Track Project

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
comethead

Re: 64 Falcon Track Car

Post by comethead »

It didn’t happen if I don’t post a video so here you go!!
https://youtu.be/08vzOISNlfw
https://youtu.be/b4jaiSX6Krk
https://youtu.be/2DswL8Z4lQI

It was windy out there sorry for the poor audio
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Well, well, well, just like that there it was ripping around a track :P

Looks Good!

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

comethead wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:15 pm
Well friends it finally happened, I finished the car Friday morning at 4am and had it at the track at 8am. It ran great!! Lots of power and handles flat and predictable. Still needs fine tuning but being the first time for it and me I am super stoked!!
Thanks to poboy Johnnie for the crash course in front end alignment and for being available for the desperate phone calls!

Thanks for sharing the videos & pics with us . Car sounds & looks great!!! Great Job! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

It was hard to be sure from so far away, but I'm pretty sure I could see the sun glinting off a big ol' grin as you came around the track on that third vid. 8) 8) :lol: :lol: Man, I know that had to be fun! You done good, Joe!

Jim

comethead

Post by comethead »

lavron wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:21 pm
Well, well, well, just like that there it was ripping around a track :P

Looks Good!

See Ya,
Mike
:lol:
Thanks Mike!
Man I was shaking in my boots! To take it from the garage to the track I didn’t have much trust in it at first. Kinda drove it around the pits and checked the brakes and steering. Tightened a few things. Then the call came for my group. I kinda felt like here we go! No guts no glory :lol:
Of course I took it easy first lap then steadily got in it more. I was in the beginner group so no pressure and no passing in the corners. It was nerve wracking but super fun!!

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:48 pm
It was hard to be sure from so far away, but I'm pretty sure I could see the sun glinting off a big ol' grin as you came around the track on that third vid. 8) 8) :lol: :lol: Man, I know that had to be fun! You done good, Joe!

Jim
Thanks Jim! 5 years in the making it was worth all the busted knuckles and sleepless nights.

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:29 pm
Thanks for sharing the videos & pics with us . Car sounds & looks great!!! Great Job! :D
Man I knew if there weren’t any pics or vids with this update I’d get nice helpin’ of WTF from you so I got on it early today :lol:
First YouTube vids I’ve ever uploaded and posted!! :D It’s easy!
Thanks again John for coming through and getting me straightened out on the alignment (hehe). It really does handle great but it’s a handful for sure.
Maybe future mods for the ol’ Falcon :wink:
Oh and I’m still working on that sticker placement.

Joe

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

comethead wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:55 pm
poboyjo65 wrote:
Man I knew if there weren’t any pics or vids with this update I’d get nice helpin’ of WTF from you so I got on it early today :lol:

Joe
I'm so glad you got the vids & stills , you'll be glad you took those vids. I almost teared up when you son gave you the high five before you took off, that was priceless! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BOY...that's awsom stuff,joe !! looks good ...sounds real good....looks dang good on the track....I;d like to run a road course with my cobra one time at least. SON told me a cobra road race for real ones and fake ones are done in OKLA once a year,,so it is on my bucket list....AGAIN,,you did good...your son is super.......POP
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Joe,,,, Im one envious guy!!!
Very happy for ya and just so you know as soon as you let your son drive once you can go back to just wrenchin,, :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP has sat out of races just so I can watch son or grd son drive,,to me that is what it's all about !!! :D :D ..a family that plays together...is more apt to stay together....
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Our son and I competed in the same class of karts for a couple years back in his early teen years,,
PRICELESS!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

you can't muster up a price tag to cover ME dwayne cory and almost 5yro grt grd son CHASE and then to top all of that MY 23 yro grd son who is home on leave from the army and has to return to FT SILL,OKLA on friday and from there to where ever,,CHASE has his 1st ball game this afternoon,,,this covid crap has sure threw a monkey wrench in things,,,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:50 pm
comethead wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:55 pm
poboyjo65 wrote:

Joe
I'm so glad you got the vids & stills , you'll be glad you took those vids. I almost teared up when you son gave you the high five before you took off, that was priceless! :D
Luckily the folks that were with me took time to take pics and vids. I was so wrapped up in the car and the track that I forgot to!
My son is really into the Falcon. He wants to take it cruising! I guess I better get an exhaust put in it :lol:

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 pm
BOY...that's awsom stuff,joe !! looks good ...sounds real good....looks dang good on the track....I;d like to run a road course with my cobra one time at least. SON told me a cobra road race for real ones and fake ones are done in OKLA once a year,,so it is on my bucket list....AGAIN,,you did good...your son is super.......POP
Thanks Pop! My boy was pretty excited to be there. He’d been bugging me for months asking if the cars done and when are we racing it!
There were 3 or 4 Cobras there running around. One was a FE 427...wicked car!
Joe