Brothers 'Stang

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
Rocket989

Brothers 'Stang

Post by Rocket989 »

Had to post - proud of him and happy as heck for the brother that after 7+ years he can take it easy for a bit! Been plugging away FOREVER and finally made it to paint this year. He's pretty much replaced EVERYTHING on the car (at least once!). Like everything, the paint was a challenge...was a terrible job (understatement) and a lot of work ended up making it pretty dang nice. Did get ALL his $$ back though (in a trade out to fix one of their paint booths - shoulda been a straight f'ing refund, but is what it is).

The below pic is after getting the paint worked, pin striping, replaced the multiple moldings the paint place trashed, and about two months of cleaning overspray & dust off of EVERYTHING...!! Not bad for something that started out as a BEAT to sh*t bracket racer with not a single straight body panel! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :D

'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Re: Brothers 'Stang

Post by popscomet »

OL POP SURE LIKES IT ! give your brother a pat on the back from one DIE HARD FORD FAN,,,,,,,now give POP some pointers on how to get his only brother away from those dad gum dodges....I swear his adopted...I just know it,,he's been weird his whole life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :!: :wink: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Thanks Pop...will do!! Now on the Dodge brother, wish I could help! :shock: :D :lol: I guess the only consolation is at least he doesn't line up with GM stuff... IMO, that'd be WORSE!! :o :shock: :( :D :D :D

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Sounds like he put in a lot of hard work, & had unfortunate luck at the painters. glad it all turned out great for him,though he had to put in extra work for the faults of others. That is sticking with it like a true hotrodder does when faced with big problems. Give him another back pat from me! looks great! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Rocket989 wrote:Thanks Pop...will do!! Now on the Dodge brother, wish I could help! :shock: :D :lol: I guess the only consolation is at least he doesn't line up with GM stuff... IMO, that'd be WORSE!! :o :shock: :( :D :D :D
HE has been guilty of bringing GM stuff around also in the past,momma never would confirm,but he's gotta be adopted :? :shock: :lol:
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Will do John!!

Pop...Brand X?!??! :shock: Shucks Pop, he might just be!! :shock: :D :lol: :lol:

You can't see it in the pic, but he put the LMR "2.3" emblems that look just like the original 5.0 ones...not gonna fool anybody with those wee Spintech muffs dumped at the axle, but it is funny stuff. Now he just needs a better place to hide the N2O bottle than an old gym bag! :shock: :lol:

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:HE has been guilty of bringing GM stuff around also in the past,momma never would confirm,but he's gotta be adopted
Maybe he was dropped on his head as a baby? :roll:

My big brother finally owns a Ford King Ranch (he has more expensive tastes than me) after owning X after X after X (of the GM variety) I don't understand that we were raised in the same house.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058