65 Futura in East TN . . .

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
popscomet

Re: 65 Futura in East TN . . .

Post by popscomet »

I bet he don't sit in the AC and watch OPRAY,,,like so many in this hot weather....with their wife !!!!!!! pop :roll: :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Busy, busy, busy!! What do you do in your spare time? :lol: :lol: :roll:
Jim
Idle hands and all that aside, I fish and hunt as much as possible. I can't stand wasting daylight! :mrgreen:
popscomet wrote:I bet he don't sit in the AC and watch OPRAY,,,like so many in this hot weather....with their wife !!!!!!! pop :roll: :lol: :lol:
Correct, Pop. I work my tail off so momma can stay cool inside. But I can count on NO fingers the times I've watched that show! :mrgreen:

Thanks for looking, fellas.

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Correct, Pop. I work my tail off so momma can stay cool inside. But I can count on NO fingers the times I've watched that show! :mrgreen:

Dan[/quote]
MY friend..you and I are in the same shape....I'd rather watch grass grow,,,she may rich and famous(for what ever reason),but she don't flip POP's interest none what so ever....takeing care of momma and those kids is the main thing...tell you another thing ,,had guys at work that had inside dogs at home,,,soaking up the AC while they were at work sweatin and hot,,I used to make fun of them,,I would ask them ...who is the smartest..you or that butt lickin dog ?? he's soaking up AC and your here sweatin in the heat.... :wink: :shock: :lol:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:Correct, Pop. I work my tail off so momma can stay cool inside. But I can count on NO fingers the times I've watched that show! :mrgreen:

Dan
MY friend..you and I are in the same shape....I'd rather watch grass grow,,,she may rich and famous(for what ever reason),but she don't flip POP's interest none what so ever....takeing care of momma and those kids is the main thing...tell you another thing ,,had guys at work that had inside dogs at home,,,soaking up the AC while they were at work sweatin and hot,,I used to make fun of them,,I would ask them ...who is the smartest..you or that butt lickin dog ?? he's soaking up AC and your here sweatin in the heat.... :wink: :shock: :lol:[/quote]
this is the 2nd time or so that my entire post falled to get posted
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Pop,

I do believe you and I will get along just fine!. I'd rather tinker outside with sweat running down my nose than be inside wasting the day away. I've put in some serious shop time after everyone else goes asleep also - I just try to keep it quiet for the neighbors. More later-

Dan

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

bigdan wrote: I'd rather tinker outside with sweat running down my nose than be inside wasting the day away.
Me too, I will take a break occasionally and come inside to cool down and try to drink water constantly, When it is really hot I try to not do anything too strenuous and keep a slower pace, or do any major welding I guess :roll:

Going to out right now and do some push mowing before my grass becomes hay, supposed to start raining tonight or tomorrow so I can work in the shed on the Comet when it is raining. At least the rain is supposed to usher in a cooler weather.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

bigdan wrote:Pop,

I do believe you and I will get along just fine!. I'd rather tinker outside with sweat running down my nose than be inside wasting the day away. I've put in some serious shop time after everyone else goes asleep also - I just try to keep it quiet for the neighbors. More later-

Dan
but to a point you'll always be the same,,,but after the yrs start pileing up,you do start slowing down and will find it easier to NOT work as much...and yes,,we could get along just great !!...and the biggest reason being...you are a family man and POP is big on family!!……….
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

popscomet wrote:,,,but after the yrs start pileing up,you do start slowing down and will find it easier to NOT work as much...…….
Ya,,, gets easier to watch work.
'member years ago the "old" guys would say "I can watch work all day"?
Staring to understand where they were coming from,,,
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

SASSY wrote:
popscomet wrote:,,,but after the yrs start pileing up,you do start slowing down and will find it easier to NOT work as much...…….
Ya,,, gets easier to watch work.
'member years ago the "old" guys would say "I can watch work all day"?
Staring to understand where they were coming from,,,
Fred
A little update -
Well, Pop and Sassy - I'm in my mid 40's so I still have a bit of GO left! :mrgreen:

Finished repairing the wall the MIL drove through yesterday morning. I deleted the old garage doors to make mommas gym/ den official; she loves it. I'll post pics if I get the chance.

Almost have that Cobra upgrade out of my way, but now he wants an h-pipe, cats deleted, etc. etc..

Still getting the 65's mileage up before winter and hopefully EFI; went to 2 cruise ins yesterday and had a blast.

Have all the parts on hand now to complete my mill rebuild; looks like I'll be about $700 in it complete and running; not bad for a 9x48 3hp Clausing knee (Bridgeport clone).

And to top it all off, deer season opens next Saturday. I was super sick last fall and didn't really get out, so I'm planning on making up for that.

That about wraps it up for now -

Thanks for looking -

Dan