My other ride, 76 F 100

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
poboyjo65

My other ride, 76 F 100

Post by poboyjo65 »

Not exactly comets sister,more like an uncle or something. I'm not sure if everyone would want trucks on here.so I thought I'd ask. But I've been piddling with the truck lately ,since the comet came to town it hasn't got much love so I'm getting back on it some. But if no one wants it on here I wont post about it. mainly the boss has final say but opinions are welcome.
Johno

popscomet

Re: My other ride, 76 F 100

Post by popscomet »

FOLKS.POP has seen this truck in person,and it's nice !!….as far as postin pic's of it,? I say go for it,it's a ford and your a full time member and if OL POP was worth a hoot when it comes to postin pic's,,I'd have pics of bronco ,PU's,tractors,,any thing I own,,,anything that is of interest to me,I might post a pic of it,,that's what makes this forum such a great place to be,,,,that;s my take on the subject !! if a mopar comes to the gatherning and parks next to comets,like it has in the past,and was not turned away,,then a PIC of a ford truck ought to be welcome......you've done good JOHN !!!
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Pop! I was thinking more like a on going thread of work & changes I make to it vs just a few pics, if everyone is good with it,mainly the owner :lol: But I appreciate what you said! :D I have several truck parts on my comet,motor,steering column,gas pedal & other stuff. Now I'm putting a comet console ,wiperwasher pump pedal,maybe other stuff if it fits on the truck. :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

this brings up another question ?? will I be able to post my build of my COBRA KIT CAR when we start it?? and where do I post it?..….unless MIKE tells me FLAT OUT NO,,it will be posted !! it's ford pwrd ,ford rear end ,as I've had this thing since I was 50yrso,,some of it is still in the boxes they came in ,never un packed,,the windshield and frame is still bubble wrapped,I ain't never seen it.....I keep it in my bedroom safe and sound,,,next to my gun rack ! :shock: it gets worked on now and then,but it took a back seat to a new house race cars new shop and many other things and life itself...we hope to start on it soon..it's a roller now...it has 4 new cooper cobra tires that has never really seen sunlight.....but they are 20 yrs old.....so they worthless other then moving in the shop...they are still full of air,,,bet that air is stale !! :shock: pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I for 1 would love to see & hear all about it Pop. we can gather ideas for our comets & other fords from other fomoco projects. I always love seeing what our members other ford toys & stories about them. :D
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Let me make the official post, but understand this is not my forum everyone here owns it as well, you guys make the content, I only supply a place for that to happen, so I guess if others have a differing opinion they need to make that known, don't get upset if something happens and you don't like it because everyone has a say, however, understand if something is posted that doesn't interest you, DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK, you don't have to look at it.

Ok, I am way ok with all of it and here are my guidelines; #1 keep it Ford, #2 keep it in the proper category, in this case the sister thread is fine, #3 keep it clean (that is for the whole forum) That is it easy to remember.

This is a Mercury Comet website, that is, and should be, the main focus but this is a really laid back place and I know guys have other interests, even stuff that is not car related, I like to think of everyone here as buddies sitting around talking, we talk about a lot of different things, we are interested in what everyone is doing (I am, anyway) so there are places here to do that, I think everyone knows that at very top is a section "COMET LOUNGE" you are free to talk about, and post anything you want. And then the very bottom section (this section) is open to talk about anything basically Ford related.

I hope that clears everything up as far as what my opinion/judgement is :roll: If anyone has a different take on it let me know.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks MIKE. but to me and a few others,your the BUFFORD PUSSER on here,,,you carry the big stick !!..pop
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

As a former Comet owner, with a thread on an "outsider" Falcon, you fellas have been more than welcoming to me. I wish I still had my 64 Comet hard top, but I'll have another ;). That being said, this forum is a welcome, un-judgemental place, and I thoroughly enjoy it and feel I know most of you already.

I say awesome, Johno, show us what you've got going on with that sweet truck!

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:thanks MIKE. but to me and a few others,your the BUFFORD PUSSER on here,,,you carry the big stick !!..pop
Yea good enough for me.
Anyone else should have spoke up. when the preacher at a wedding ask to speak up now or forever hold your peace he dont wait around long so I wont either :lol:

I call this one Punkn,was my dads nick.

Thanks Danno, I'll try to give a rundown with more pics soon!
Johno

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

I'm OK with anything Ford.
Tom
tomb's 65

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

It's just sheet metal and trim that make them Comets. They're all Fords with the same DNA. What I love about this forum is all the ideas that everyone shares about what they're doing to their rides. I'm interested in anybody's build thread as long as its Ford under the sheet metal (or fiberglass :D). Let's just keep them in the "All in the Family" section so they're easy to locate.
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:It's just sheet metal and trim that make them Comets. They're all Fords with the same DNA. What I love about this forum is all the ideas that everyone shares about what they're doing to their rides. I'm interested in anybody's build thread as long as its Ford under the sheet metal (or fiberglass :D). Let's just keep them in the "All in the Family" section so they're easy to locate.
Jim
as long as brown cows give white milk,and a rooster crows at daylight,,,if ol pop owns it ,it'll have ford DNA and bleed blue ...as far as a car or truck ,,,some of you might know my WIFE owns a yota camry,,I took her to get it,I never test drove it with her ,it go's back to the dealer for everything,,she came in the other day and said she'd bought new wiper blades,I said good ,next time you have the oil changed have the dealer put them on...I seldom ever ever ride in it...she loves it and that's great for her,but it ain't a ford and after almost 52 yrs of married she knows my limations ,but after all these yrs,,if she wants it...ol pop is gonna see that she gets it...( just don't tell her POP said that) :lol: pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Johno, Nice looking truck!
lavron wrote:Ok, I am way ok with all of it and here are my guidelines; #1 keep it Ford, #2 keep it in the proper category, in this case the sister thread is fine, #3 keep it clean (that is for the whole forum) That is it easy to remember.
Mike, I'm glad you gave the official stamp of approval. The way you described it is how I always thought the Ford sister's forum was originally intended. Anything Ford/Mercury/Lincoln/&Edsel

comethead

Post by comethead »

Trucks are for hauling Comet parts. So YES! It qualifies! :)
That’s a beauty Johnnie!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

comethead wrote:Trucks are for hauling Comet parts. So YES! It qualifies! :)
That’s a beauty Johnnie!

Joe
Thanks Loman & Joe! Joe I plan to haul comet parts in it. I'm putting a 63 comet/falcon console in it with some aftermarket bucket seats.I hope to haul it around for a long time. I almost bought a set of these seats for my comet but found some originals at the last minute. They are Procar by scat,lowbacks. That guy with the charcoal grey falcon named Munnesey used a set in his falcon & had the back seat recovered to match. they looked great in his car & right at home. I've been riding in these 70s trucks since they were new & though the seats are comfortable I'm just ready for a change. I bought the console with intentions of using it in the comet because I didnt think I'd ever find the right one in decent shape for less than an arm & leg but Albert had the correct one for a deal I couldn't pass up so the 63 console needed a home. I just got done painting the console black on the sides & between the chrome ribs.
before pic;
Tedious work taping it up,just walk away a couple times,make 3 shorter jobs out of one big job & its all good & forgotten :lol:

& a bonus ,the black between the ribs kinda hides some of the pits! :)
Johno