My other ride, 76 F 100

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
popscomet

Re: My other ride, 76 F 100

Post by popscomet »

looks good !!!! all you need now is a 44mag lever action rifle hangin in the back glass :!: :wink: :lol: :lol: ……..just kiddin..POP ain't much on gun racks in the back glass,altho they are a set in my bronco ,,,the set in my 884whld huntin truck are behind the seat,,,out of sight ,out of mind !!!.....nice truck,JOHN….pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Very Nice :)
Tom
tomb's 65

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

That looks sharp, John. 8) Are the sides of that console plastic, and what paint did you use on it?
Jim

comethead

Post by comethead »

The console and seats look great!! 8)
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Joe, Jim Tom & Pop.Jim the early consoles were all metal, the chrome is cast,about the same as radio & grove box trim on a 65. I used plastidip because I wasnt sure I'd like it on the dashes so I did the same to the sides of the console. I liked the looks but it seemed tacky & showed every finger print so I put some matte clear on it. kinda gave it a grain or texture. it will probably get skint up it was all rattle can :roll: on the top of it I used trim paint.

Pop I have one of those rifle racks in my black truck. needs to be moved over some,,, I hit my head on it sometimes. I always called them easy rider rifle racks :lol:

When I built this truck I made dash plaques out of wood, & had a mahogany steering wheel. also made some plaques for under the door panels. made a shifter knob & key holder from wood. & a strip of mahogany around the inside of the bed. wood wood wood. I got tired of all the wood & painted the dashes black.

some before & after;

When I made the dashes I planned on getting new gauges,speedo, tach & 4 in 1 gauge for engine gauges,,but was low on money so I made it so the gauges & holes lined up& I could see thru the openings to my old gauges until I could devote funds for new gauges. still waiting on funds,but hey the old ones still work :? :)

Yea got fed up with the wood theme & I'm blacking it all out . I will leave the key holder & knob & the wood in the bed. also I changed my swheel to a sport wheel some trucks had,although the center cap was busted. I had a grant center cap & horn button on hand so I made an adapter, well its made out of wood :roll: I cant quit cold turkey. :lol:

I found this headliner in a junkyard for 5 dollas,& dyed it black ,,,but I have one of the plastic ones with the 4 speakers built in & a place for a radio if I ever get to it I'll swap em out.

Also when I first built this truck I let my practical sense override my hotrodder sense & I didnt get a black seat cover,thinking it may be too hot :roll: , I went with tan :roll: . so now its back out & I'm mounting Black buckets. I put in a seat to see how it looks ,ahh better! I believe the console will sorta match the chrome on the black door panels. still need to paint the wood lower door panels black. I forgot to mention the one I made for the glove box makes a nice burger tray when opened up.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I think 1st time I saw it,,,it was all wood inside
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

It was. I just painted it a few weeks ago.
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Cool ride. You were pimpin with that wood look. And are those Pro 90's? I may have missed it but what engine?
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Awesome! I like the black/ buckets look also. Really digging the pistol grip key :D . I'd love to do a late 60's- early 70's F100 myself, but we'll have to see what happens; plus my first truck was an 83 f150 step side, and i'm holding out all hopes I'll find it again LOL.

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks LR & Dan. yes they are pro 90 seats ,is that what you used in the falcon?

Dan the story behind the key chain; I wanted a leather key holder like my dad had in his truck. you could just reach down & push with a finger & crank it. I couldn't find one. on ebay they were bringing stupid money. so I made one from a cheap knife handle. then later I was making some pistol grips from black walnut. I made up a few extra ones, just flat unshaped outlined blank to be shaped later. piddlin around one day I made a knob for the column shifter, my buddy pulls out his derringer one day, & I knew instantly I wanted a key holder shaped like that little handle. I made him take off the handle so I could trace it. it has a black walnut center slab & mahogany sides. I finally found a leather key holder for my comet, & it has a merchead stamped on it. come to find out later that the dealer ,McCoy Mercury,stamped on it, raced comets back in the day.& looks like he did pretty good with that 63 vert!

LR it has a 302 C4. 4 bbl headers, stock lame heads. the 268 high energy comp cam helped for sure ,but it is just a cruiser that sounds good passing tractors. :lol:
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:come to find out later that the dealer ,McCoy Mercury,stamped on it, raced comets back in the day
Like this one

Looks good John

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks Mike. yea that looks like one of the above, & Pop will be happy they took off the cragars! :lol:

when I first got the leather key holder I thought it said ''Whore service , satisfaction counts'' & I still get a chuckle out of it when I see it!!! :lol: :lol: the e just didnt come out right.
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

No, I'm using Scat 1500 classic series in the Falcon, bought extra cloth to cover the rear seat too. I've used their Pro 90 Highbacks with headrests on three different builds. They're nice seats. Hell, my bowtie lovin neighbor even bought a set for his Camino and his 33 Plymouth after setting in them here. They look like they belong in your truck as well. And that derringer key fob is off the charts man.

And was it you that sold me the 5.0 roller cam? I can't remember but it's in and running. A lot milder than that B-cam.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Lip Ripper wrote:No, I'm using Scat 1500 classic series in the Falcon, bought extra cloth to cover the rear seat too. I've used their Pro 90 Highbacks with headrests on three different builds. They're nice seats. Hell, my bowtie lovin neighbor even bought a set for his Camino and his 33 Plymouth after setting in them here. They look like they belong in your truck as well. And that derringer key fob is off the charts man.

And was it you that sold me the 5.0 roller cam? I can't remember but it's in and running. A lot milder than that B-cam.
Thanks LR. :D No it wasn't me. may have been Rocket, I think he has a lot of 5.0 stuff.
I had to look & see what 1500 classics looked like. looks basically like the same seat but with mustang style upholstery & headrest .

I was looking at these;
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1050-51l
but I was afraid getting up into & out of the truck would wear out that bolster hump on side of the bottom. probably will on these seats but hopefully not as quick.
from past experience I didnt want highbacks or headrest in this short cab truck. I can't get the seat back far enough & have enough tilt back to suit me with tall seats. I'm hoping I can mount these low enough to get more of how I want it to sit than the bench seat,without being too low .

Someone ask me on a ford truck FB page if my tailgate was inspired by the 2011 trucks. I said no, it was painted a decade ago in 2008,,, I think Ford saw mine & copied it !!! :lol: then someone else put up this pic
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

They are smaller than the Pro 90's, review on the ride comfort coming soon. And those rally seats need to be on something close to the ground that you crawl up and out of for sure.